VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. THREAD RESOLVED

Delete thread please

Thanks you
    Last edited by Clothem; 23rd Nov 2019 at 10:47. Reason: THREAD RESOLVED

Search Comp PM
    If you upload material that has been recorded and mixed at proper levels the normalization will not kick in, ie. not having the meters glued to 0 dbfs! It only affects audio that is way too loud.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3

3. Originally Posted by ChapmanDolly View Post
    If you upload material that has been recorded and mixed at proper levels the normalization will not kick in, ie. not having the meters glued to 0 dbfs! It only affects audio that is way too loud.
    my audio is a music 16bit/44.1 from a CD

so you mean i've to normalized it myself before upload to youtube ?

But wav normalization is not lossless.. right?

Search Comp PM
    No, I'm not talking about normalization at all. Youtube has a standardized level. If your track is louder than this the loudness normalization will be applied to reduce the volume to their standard. If it is quieter nothing will be done to the track. If you right click on a video in YT and select Stats for Nerds you will see whats happening.
    Have a read of this article.

http://productionadvice.co.uk/stats-for-nerds/

And normalization is lossless.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3

5. Originally Posted by ChapmanDolly View Post
    No, I'm not talking about normalization at all. Youtube has a standardized level. If your track is louder than this the loudness normalization will be applied to reduce the volume to their standard. If it is quieter nothing will be done to the track. If you right click on a video in YT and select Stats for Nerds you will see whats happening.
    Have a read of this article.

http://productionadvice.co.uk/stats-for-nerds/

And normalization is lossless.
    i searched on google and everyone say normalization = "audio destruction"

proof :

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,85573.0.html
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,42608.0.html
    https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=80089
    Last edited by Clothem; 1st Nov 2019 at 15:56.

6. If you don't want your audio normalized by YouTube then either lower the loud parts or lower everything. What's so hard about that?

Just because the music is from a CD means nothing as CDs are often mixed improperly. Audio engineers these days seem to think louder means better and sometimes even purposely clip the music.

7. the problem is not really the volume normalization
    but youtube only encode aac so i try to get the best quality with aac

Search Comp PM
    Like EQ, compression, and limiting, etc, it is a tool which if applied properly does not equal destruction. I say this as a professional sound engineer with over 40 years experience. As I said before this has nothing to do with normalization. If you upload audio at proper levels nothing will be done to the track except the usual YT re-encoding which they do to all uploads. It's up to you to upload the highest quality at the correct levels in the first place to mitigate anything YT does..

9. YouTube work with AAC, even if you upload PCM or FLAC YouTube will not process it

PCM & FLAC is reserved for Vevo and art-tracks upload (private)

That's why art-tracks are so high in audio quality, unfortunately basic YouTube user can only use AAC 48khz

Search Comp PM
    Not so. I upload videos to my channel which have LPCM soundtracks. YT has no problem converting those. They can cope with most video and audio formats.

11. You can't use Uncompressed audio, do a upload test if you don't trust me

If the upload goes directly to 95% that mean YouTube didn't processed the video

Search Comp PM
    Here you go. a short clip uploaded to YT with 24bit 48k LPCM. https://youtu.be/Y1SXgJJmYgo

13. Did you watched the "%" after the upload ?

Yes you can upload it to youtube but the audio is not encoded (result in a worst quality than AAC)

Search Comp PM
    No problem with the audio here. This is a camera file hence the audio level. It matches the original exactly.Image
    [Attachment 50726 - Click to enlarge]

15. YouTube only encode AAC 48khz audio

You can't use uncompressed audio on YouTube, only with the art-tracks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7u5KF7SP8
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6039860

Search Comp PM
    You can if they are part of a video. I suggest you look at the second link you posted.

Search Comp PM
    This is the YT spec Sheet Image
    [Attachment 50727 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Encoding specs.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	50728  

18. "The features described in this article are available only to partners who use YouTube's Content ID matching system."

(Art-tracks only)

19. If the upload goes directly to 95% that mean YouTube didn't processed the video

What i try to tell you is : you can get a better quality on YouTube with AAC 48kHz

20. Clothem,

VirtualDub can totally bypass the YouTube normalization

But... VirtualDub work with AVI and YouTube want MP4/AAC

So yes you will bypass the normalization but YouTube will not encode your audio

I've tested this so many times, this trick is not good for YouTube

21. Originally Posted by MrHorror93700 View Post
    You can't use Uncompressed audio, do a upload test if you don't trust me
    I don't trust you. Did you join up here just to spread bad information? I tested what you said and you're wrong. Here's the original video information for the video I uploaded:

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 28 s 153 ms
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Writing library : x264 core 152 r2851M ba24899
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Matrix coefficients : BT.470 System B/G

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : PCM
    Format settings : Little / Signed
    Codec ID : A_PCM/INT/LIT
    Duration : 28 s 153 ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Forced : No

Then I uploaded it to YouTube with no problem. I then downloaded it so I could get the YouTube information:

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L3
    Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 28 s 112 ms
    Bit rate : 814 kb/s
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Minimum frame rate : 23.974 FPS
    Maximum frame rate : 90 000.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.110
    Stream size : 2.73 MiB (86%)
    Color range : Limited
    Matrix coefficients : BT.470 System B/G
    Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 28 s 213 ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 441 KiB (14%)
    Alternate group : 1

PCM in the source, AAC in the YouTube version, all processed fine.

YouTube only encode AAC 48khz audio
    Wrong again. It's 44.1kHz. They will also encode a version with VP9 video and Opus audio. At the bottom is a Stats For Nerds picture of one of those.

But... VirtualDub work with AVI and YouTube want MP4/AAC
    VirtualDub2 can encode for most video and audio codecs and use many different containers.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StatsForNerds.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	50730  

Search PM
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. MrH is full of it or has some ax to grind or something to shill.
    YT is very clear on this, has been for a while. They accept tons of stuff, but audio must be accompanied by video. It is a video site after all.

Scott

23. manono

What i try to tell is : you can get a better audio quality on YouTube with AAC 48kHz

24. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. MrH is full of it or has some ax to grind or something to shill.
    YT is very clear on this, has been for a while. They accept tons of stuff, but audio must be accompanied by video. It is a video site after all.

Scott
    If the upload goes directly to 95% that mean YouTube didn't processed the audio

YouTube want AAC/MP4

25. manono

Sorry i didn't know VirtualDub2 could handle mp4

26. Originally Posted by Clothem View Post
    THREAD RESOLVED
    repliers
    Delete thread please

Thanks you
    Thanks for all