VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone. I'm trying to unlock my dvd player RJ-700DVX in order to make it region free. It's locked for region 4 only. It kind of reads dvds from other regions, but with a very low quality image, so it's useless. I've been looking for the famous codes many dvds have that puts you under their "secret/hidden menu" in which the locking appears, but I couldn't find the secret sequence for this model, since it's quite an oldie. Any ideas, suggestiones, hacks? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It might assist if you told us the name of the manufacturer.

And a region-locked player would NEVER read a disk with another region - No picture. Nothing. Some PAL dvds are coded Region 2/4. But, again, this 'low quality' is not a region issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i think it's one of those little portable things with a screen. rjtech or the like. if it's playing discs from other regions in low quality it's because the discs are vcd not dvd. a region code switch isn't going to help that even if there was one, which there isn't.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you both, guys. It's a Rjtech dvd player. The problem appears when reading a Region 2 dvd. The image looks blurry and in black and white, but sound's perfectly ok. When displaying a Region 4 dvd everything turns to normal again. It seems by what you're telling me it might be another kind of problem, but certainly it isn't a damaged connector, since Region 4 dvds are displayed with no problems. Could it be a hardware problem?? Thanks again!
    Quote Quote