VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using MeGUI to do these remuxes for years, but it takes more steps than i would like as i have to extract and then encode and then mux into mkv/mp4. I found Box4 the other day, but it has some issues with audio being out of sync after encoding it sometimes. I try the same file in MeGUI and it outputs fine with no sync issues.

Are there any other programs for this? I've messed with VideoReDo a little bit, but it seems to mess up playback a little bit in VLC. So that the time line doesn't work properly. So would kind of like to stay away from that.

Are there any other programs like Box4? I really like how easy and fast the UI is and if it didn't have sync issues that might have been my go to program to replace MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Maybe a program called MKVtoMP4.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MkvToMp4
    Does that program not support E-AC3 as a source audio format? It keeps failing to encode the audio. I should have mentioned that it needs to support E-AC3 and other modern audio formats. I also wouldn't mind something that is still updated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ffmpeg -i video.mkv -c copy video.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could also try myFFmpeg (shareware $20, 32 or 64 bit) which is a GUI for FFMPEG. It makes FFMPEG much easier to use and will remux between containers, or reencode only the audio and pass-through the video untouched to remux to a new container (and vice-versa), hard-code or soft-code subtitles. Worth a look.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    ffmpeg -i video.mkv -c copy video.mp4
    Strange. It's OOS using ffmpeg as well. It seems to only be out of sync in Adobe Premiere though... seems to be in sync using VLC. What does MeGUI do differently? It's doing pretty much the same thing. Directly remuxing the video and encoding audio to AC3. It's perfect in both VLC and Adobe Premiere using MeGUI, but it's OOS in Adobe Premiere using ffmpeg and box4.
    Quote Quote  
  6. And with MeGUI you don't re-encode the video?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also try Avidemux it does support MKV Files. You just add the video file, leave the video section unchanged. Then choose another option for the audio, then change the output format to MP4 if you want, and click on save.
    Quote Quote