VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been searching for a true MKV to VCD program but so far I haven't found any that lives up to their name. I am unable to use VCDEasy because I have Windows 10 and it refuses to detect Windows Media Player. So, that's out. I have tried and is still trying different VCD creator programs but most of those don't support MKVs. I need one that supports MKVs and that will do all of the work (encoding it and burning it to a CD in one go). That's what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    maybe this one? VCD is a redundant format but anyway whatever! https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/convert-mkv/mkv-to-vcd.html
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You're making it harder than it needs to be.

Make a VM with Win2k or WinXP and put VCDEasy on it, as well as TMPGEnc (for the MPG1 video and MP2 audio encoding that will be necessary).

Done!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    maybe this one? VCD is a redundant format but anyway whatever! https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/convert-mkv/mkv-to-vcd.html
    Tried that one. It can convert videos into different formats but not burn them. It can't convert them to ISO, BIN, NRG, etc.

Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    You're making it harder than it needs to be.

Make a VM with Win2k or WinXP and put VCDEasy on it, as well as TMPGEnc (for the MPG1 video and MP2 audio encoding that will be necessary).

Done!

Scott
    Ok. I'll try this. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I made the Virtual Machine with WinXP and put VCDEasy and TMPGEnc on it. VCDEasy started right up with no problems but I have a question. It looks like VCDEasy only takes mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 video files. Is there any way to get it to load up a .mkv?

[Attachment 50618 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't VCDEasy only take compliant files?
    Why don't you encode your file in TmpgEnc using the VCD template then feed the new file to VCDEasy
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Doesn't VCDEasy only take compliant files?
    Why don't you encode your file in TmpgEnc using the VCD template then feed the new file to VCDEasy
    You're right. I just figured it out. Thanks.
    Quote Quote