VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I live in the U.S. (NTSC), and I just got a PAL LaserDisc. I am aware that I need an LD player that plays both PAL and NTSC discs such as the Pioneer CLD-D925 in the U.K. to watch the disc. My question is if I am viewing on a 1080p HD set in the U.S., do I also need a PAL to NTSC converter to hook between the LD player and the TV, or will the LD player, or the TV be able to play display the movie?

Thanks, Jim
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what model is your TV ?? some TVs can display PAL with no conversion
    http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/pioneer/pioneer_cld-d925/cld-d925.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is a Pioneer Kuro Elite 50"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jdreffner View Post
    It is a Pioneer Kuro Elite 50"
    your TV supports PAL so you should be all set.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One last question please. If I connect this PAL LD player to my preamplifier/receiver will that be a problem? Or will it send a PAL signal to the TV and work just fine? In other words, do I have to connect this LD player directly to the TV or can I run it through an NTSC receiver? If I have to run it directly, is S video ok?

Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is the PDF instruction guide for the Pioneer CLD-D925 - https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/CLD/CLD-D925/CLD-D925-EN-FR-DE-IT.pdf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only problem i know of is, when you have LaserVision discs, sometimes sound will not be audible depending on the tv system PAL or NTSC.
    btw... never heard of s-video on a laserdisc player... must be one of the last, latest model.
    composite, s-video, RGB where all analog video, PAL or NTSC interlaced, if you have an input for that, it should be O.K. aspect ratio should be possible to set, Only through SCART (eu) it's an auto feature.
    Quote Quote