VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help me. For some odd reason the subtitles for foreign language parts on The Kingsman: The Secret Service does not display when played on my Blu-ray player. Yet when I play it on my laptop the subtitles show up. What can be wrong and how can I fix it? Any help or information would be greatly appreciate it.

Dave.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try checking the audio/subtitle settings of your Blu-ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have tried hitting the Subtitle button and it only shows "Off". Or are you talking about checking the player's settings?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried another disc with subtitles to see if they show?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes other movies have the subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the disc that you are trying to watch the original "The Kingsman: The Secret Service" Blu-ray or a backup copy? What software are you using to watch the movie on your PC?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is a back-up copy. I am using the latest version of Power DVD. I am trying to get all my disks onto digital format.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am using Hanbreak to add the subtitle to the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DaveB69 View Post
    It is a back-up copy. I am using the latest version of Power DVD. I am trying to get all my disks onto digital format.
    Then the movie was ripped and converted to some kind of file (ISO, MKV, MP4, etc)? If so, a hardware Blu-ray player's media player capabilities are rather limited and there are strict requirements for subtitles. A hardware Blu-ray player may have trouble identifying or playing forced subtitles for media files. If the movie was played using its original disk, then the forced subtitles would probably work.

I see you found your own solution to the problem.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote