VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi, Opensubtitle.org has the most movie subtitles. When you go to the site or thro vlc, if you download the srt, the opensubtitle.org inserts a new time at the top most of the srt file, which is not in the movie.
    When i delete, it , or change the first line time inhtml software, this causes negative timing or, the 1 becomes 2.
    Is thereany trick, by which i can delete the advertisement time and reset to the original srt timings.
    i tried some editors, but i do not know how to accomplish .
    I want , to download the srt as, if , it does not have advt.timings, but original movie timings
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use subtitle edit,it will delete lines and keep the timing in the right order.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, John,
    i tried but it seems that it just delete the lines i proposed to delete.
    When i just deleted in notepad, in edit mode, nothing changes , as it is just a text editor.
    What i want is just delete the advtl lines and restore the original subtitle timings.
    i have used a program from github, called subtittle modification html, which changes all lines once i select the file and change the first line difference in video and subtitle.
    But , if i delete the advt. line, then there is no 1 in subtitle and only 2 of the subtitle and i do not know , if it changes 2 to one to work in the video.
    Manually editing the first line, just changes the line of subtitles concerned. please give me solution.
    the other sites , which does not insert the advt.lines, does not seem to have the subtitle for the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you upload the srt so i can see if i can fix it?I do a lot of srt editing.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Delete the unwanted lines and then subtract the required time for all the rest. Every subtitle editor lets you do that. In Subtitle Edit select all the remaining subs then Synchronization -> Adjust All Times.
    Last edited by jagabo; 20th Oct 2019 at 23:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jaga, will try it. but after deleting, how to subtract the time for all the rest. Is it automatic, in your menu. Should i change it .
    I willtry and report
    Quote Quote  
  7. I just told you how to change the timing of all the rest of the subs.
    Last edited by jagabo; 21st Oct 2019 at 07:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, but getting negative time warning when saving. i tried show earlier or show later. Here is the lines , i want to delete and adjust all subsequent timings.
    These are the first 3 lines in timing.
    00:00:06,000 --> 00:00:12,074
    Advertise your product or your brand here. Contact www.SubtitleDB.org today!

00:00:18,033 --> 00:00:23,233
    Kremlin, Moscow

00:00:34,400 --> 00:00:37,400
    This is the program "Winter Harvest"
    i will try like this.
    first line will be deleted.
    select all in edit menu
    then synch menu , all times
    the box opens, i just enter 06 674 ms seconds being the adjustable time earlier.
    then click show earlier, but there is no menu to ok it.
    i just close the box, and then save it as a new srt file.
    is the process correct or need something more
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jaga, thanks
    the actual speaking line starts , after a stationary message kremlin moscow.
    I use vlc media player to sync, but it has no milliseconds tab showing in its play surface.
    Would you please , say how to sync, the first speaking line, i will try
    Quote Quote  
  10. Enter a positive number then press Show Earlier.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jaga,now i understand that feature. one has to just adjust the duration of deleted line and select adjust time for all.
    thanks for the hidden secret of doing thngs.
    But, i could not sync as the subtitles are from different soure and the video wasa trimmed one with some missing, so, i could not sync. L have abondoned the project and will try on a new video.
    Now i have learnt something abut the useful of the tools . thanks for all for all the tops
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    But, i could not sync as the subtitles are from different soure and the video wasa trimmed one with some missing, so, i could not sync.
    That is very common -- for both subs and audio dubs. Movie releases in different countries/regions are often different cuts of the film. Scenes are cut or added. Especially with TV broadcasts. And with TV broadcasts you have the additional problem of commercials. People may remove them but the timing will not be exact. There may be a second or two gain or loss at each commercial break.
    Quote Quote