VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I need to overlay slides on a video.

The video is "720x404 [SAR 1:1 DAR 180:101]", ie. 16:9 while the slides are 960x720, ie. 4:3.

I batch-resized the slides to be 539x404, so I end up with the video showing on the sides.

Is there a way to tell Vegas to add a white background to all the overlaid pictures, or maybe a better solution?

Thank you.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	E51BF54B-C219-4EF8-99F5-4A8F2AC9D89F.png
Views:	416
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	50492  

Quote Quote  
  2. you can always add it manually if you do not want to change aspect ratio of that slide (rght click event/properties/Media), just grab a background color, put it between your slide and video, make it the same length, you can group both together (select both while holding Ctrl and press "G").

Movie studio does not have enough tracks for that?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks the idea.

I ended up batch-adding a white background to each picture with IrfanView.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I don’t know any video editing tools that can do the job quickly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I edit a lot of photos at work. I used to do it with Photoshop. It usually took me anywhere from half an hour to a full day to change the background around a person’s silhouette. That timing was good enough for my employer. I had to do background for video pics, and I didn’t know of another way than editing each and every picture. Photoshop was no good for that task. I researched for alternatives to my old method, and I found create.vista tool to be the quickest one.
    Last edited by draggoneer; 22nd Feb 2022 at 16:48.
    Quote Quote