VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Image
    [Attachment 50477 - Click to enlarge]

Do you think this kind of dirt can be cleaned? I've looked up Descratch, but it seems to be only for large vertical/horizontal scratches, and RemoveDirt but I had no success with it. The script is quite complex so maybe it can be fine tuned to work on something like that I don't know. Those marks look too difficult to remove but I thought I might as well ask, since some plugins are really able to work small miracles
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably; but it depends on the characteristics. If it's static, doesn't move, then it's usually more difficult.

In general, removing dirt is "easy" . It's keeping details or not causing too much damage is that is the hard part

If you post a video sample someone will suggest something
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dirt (literally dirt or other damage on the film) that appears on only one frame (you may have to IVTC first) can be removed with RemoveDirt(). Dirt, dust, hair that's in the projector may appear on many consecutive frames and is harder to remove. How is a program to know what's unwanted dirt vs. what's an actual detail of the movie?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's unfortunately static. I was wondering if some form of mask could be applied to a specific region of the screen, so it could work only on this mark and apply a filter much like photoshop's healing brush, on each consecutive frame.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If it doesn't move around you can infill the area with a delogo filter. Like this one for VirtualDub:

http://rationalqm.us/delogo132/delogomanual/delogo.htm
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ZetaStax View Post
    It's unfortunately static. I was wondering if some form of mask could be applied to a specific region of the screen, so it could work only on this mark and apply a filter much like photoshop's healing brush, on each consecutive frame.
    Photoshop can do this with batch

In addition do the various delogo methods, you can try various inpainting methods such as avsinpaint, exinpaint in avisynth
    Quote Quote