VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All
    I would like to ask which is the best free (if possible) media/server streamer for the above so I can stream movies in most formats from my HP laptop to my LG blu-ray surround sound player.

If there is one that will stream most formats ie HVEC, H264/H265, 4K , MP4 format..etc that would be useful, I do mux alot of my movies to MKV so that the subtitles can be added from an srt file.

If there is a media player that wil stream all without having to Mux that would be very useful.

I do know a little about the shark codec packs that I think can be used with the windows media player.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards Dave
    Last edited by Dave W; 10th Oct 2019 at 00:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about the built-in Wndows media server ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi thanks I have Windows Media Player, but if I try to stream movies etc to my surround sound that have a higher frame rate than around 23 frames per second they won't play properly & lag or break up of the video etc.

I don't know if there is a way to integrate the shark advanced codecs to overcome the above problem ?

I have something to watch at 50fps & won't stream to tv vua surround sound.

Thanks Dave.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is your Blu-ray player a DNLA device? If so, it should be possible to use your computer as a DLNA server to stream media files to the Blu-ray player for playback. https://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/

However, the Blu-ray player must support the container file format and have the ability to decode the audio and video stored in the file. The Blu-ray player manual should have a section with guidelines listing what it can play. If your Blu-ray player's manual says it can play 50fps then your network may be at fault.

Note that regular Blu-ray players can't play H.265 or 4K. You need a UHD Blu-ray player to play either H.265 or 4K, or you need to convert from H.265 to H.264 video and downscale from 4K to HD.

[Edit]It may be worth looking into an Android TV box for streaming media playback if you have many files that the Blu-ray player won't play.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Oct 2019 at 14:23.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi thanks for the info' yes my blu-Ray is DNLA I will have to check the specs of the player. I think from memory it is an UHD player & 3-D compatable.

Thank you

Dave
    Quote Quote