VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I was just wondering about this. It has pretty major multimedia related features, screenshot taking, screencasting. I never used it for anything else to be honest.

Speaking of... I'm surprised there's no section in the forum for screen recording, snapshot taking. This is exactly a forum where I would expect to see such.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There may not be a specific section on 'screen recording' but if you do a search you can find hundreds of 'screen recording' posts. Surly one of those should help you.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Hi!

I was just wondering about this. It has pretty major multimedia related features, screenshot taking, screencasting. I never used it for anything else to be honest.

Speaking of... I'm surprised there's no section in the forum for screen recording, snapshot taking. This is exactly a forum where I would expect to see such.
    Most who know about it think of MSI Afterburner as being primarily a graphics card overclocking tool. Perhaps it is not listed because its primary purpose is something other than screen capture. (For example. VLC is a media player with the ability to do screenshots and perform screen capture too, but since that is not its primary purpose, it is listed elsewhere.) Video capture is a relatively recent addition to MSI Afterburner. The 2019 review that I read indicated that the addition of screen capture seems like an afterthought and there are better choices for screen capture software available.

As you noted, there is a software section for screen capture and recording that focuses on dedicated, generic screen capture tools. Screen capture/recording as a topic of discussion is assigned to the "Video Streaming Downloading" subforum if you read the description for that subforum.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 5th Oct 2019 at 13:49. Reason: Clarification
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote