VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just burned a 480p video,along with several other videos totalling 4 1/2 hours, onto a dvd using the Freemake Video Converter.
    The 480p video degraded for a second on one of the faster moving scenes!
    If I was to convert the 480p video to 1080p, first, and then burn it to dvd; would it Not Degrade, please tell me? I am looking for a way to overcome these niggling degrades. I am told they occur due to the bitrate failing. Unfortunately, Freemake do not have any adjustments for Bitrate when converting to dvd format! So I am wondering if I could treat the video in any way so that the dvd convention will get it right?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by vinckles View Post
    If I was to convert the 480p video to 1080p, first, and then burn it to dvd; would it Not Degrade, please tell me?
    It can only get worse.

Originally Posted by vinckles View Post
    I am looking for a way to overcome these niggling degrades.
    Easy: stick to 1 hour per single layer DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by vinckles View Post
    ... totalling 4 1/2 hours, onto a dvd ...
    I am told they occur due to the bitrate failing.
    It's correct. You can't keep a high bitrate if you want to put 4h30 on a single DVD ! The bitrate must be decreased terribly for a so long video content. The rule is: the more you compress, the less good the quality will be.

As suggested by jagabo, for the best quality, you should not put more than one hour on a single layer DVD. However, I think that you can safely put a whole movie, up to 1h45 or so on a single DVD, if you encode it with a very good encoder. For longer movies, either use a double layer DVD, or cut the movie in 2 parts, and burn them on 2 DVDs. (I don't know Freemake Video Converter so I can't confirm if it is good enough to safely encode a long movie for a single DVD. You have to try.)
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote