VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I've been using Premiere Pro for 10+ years and would like to switch to Davinci Resolve, but it doesn't accept the MTS (AVCHD) files that come from my camera. - It can't merge them and work with them natively as Premiere Pro. I've tried many programs to merge the files into one MTS file, but the only workable way is to use the command prompt in windows and copy the files from the camera using eg. "copy /b F:\..... 00010.mts+00011.mts A:\videos\merged_file.mts".

The process works perfectly and I end up with merged MTS files to use directly in Davinci Resolve. - But it takes too long to enter the command in the prompt every time I need to copy footage off to my work computer.

Does anyone know of a tool that uses the same technique, but has a graphical UI, so it's easier and quicker to work with? I've tried tsMuxerGUI, but it outputs either M2TS or TS files, that Resolve will not import. - So I need the raw MTS files merged from the span of files on my SD card on the camera.

I hope someone can help.
    Thanks, Kent.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here's two that work:

TMPGenc Smart Renderer and MP4 to QT https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/mp4-to-qt/

Neither is free.

Resolve is getting better at spanned clips, but there are still many cameras it won't see.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, great. Thanks for your quick response. Maybe a free alternative is also available?
    - It only needs to generate the batch files to copy and merge the files from the card.
    Quote Quote