VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. "As I say it does not matter why I want. What is important is to know the answer to the problem"

agreed, i hate threads like this, for any reason, tech related or not. I had this happen with a bus system I was at during abroad. For some reason one of the lines had dissapeaerd which meant some later timtes were gone, I asked "Did the times dissapear and WHY did the bus routes here dissapear?" All the answers were "why dont you take the train?" "oh you can take hte train" "well it gets busy just take a train" The train there cost TWICE the amount. he question is not about hte train or how to get to where I wanted. Either answer the question or move on. I didnt want to have to sift through garbage just to get to the answer here.

2. So did you take the train?

3. of course I took my bike!

4. respect is a 2 way process

if you as an op keep flinging these useless reasons, no one will be willing to help you..

and by the way...

why do you keep saying in every sense of the word.. it means word has many meanings
    The is only one sense or definition of the word respect..

either you respect a person or not.. its simple as that..

5. admin lets close this thread...

OP here is an idea.. use your old build and recompile your videos with it
    no amount of begging will make someone make a custom x264 exe with new source.. just for your needs..

not worth the time and effort..

Case closed
    Last edited by teodz1984; 24th Sep 2019 at 22:35.

6. So to sum this up:
    a. x265 has an option to not set the SEI entries responsible for the encoding settings entries
    b. x264 has no option to remove such SEI entries. Rhe x264 developers intentionally did not add such an option, since x264 is open source it's source code could be edited to not write those infos. Multiple patches for this was offered to the x264 devs which declined it.
    c. For H.264 these SEI entries can be easily removed (with a small batch file for multiple files) using ffmpegs bitstream filter (examples can be easily found through a internet search engine of once choice) or a simple hex editor (time consuming; using Visual Studio for this is just overkill).
    d. lots of people are emotional about this, no clue why.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Usually the encoding settings are not as important as the filtering settings unless you really have no clue what you are doing.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555

7. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    admin lets close this thread...

OP here is an idea.. use your old build and recompile your videos with it
    no amount of begging will make someone make a custom x264 exe with new source.. just for your needs..

not worth the time and effort..

Case closed
    What you say makes sense and I respect it, but let me clarify something:

I don't want anything for free you're totally wrong or you didn't understand the question or you're very stubborn, whatever the case I already explained my reasons and why I have that doubt.

Possibly someone already did some version or knows some form, etc, the alternatives are infinite.

That is the sense of helping in forums and communities like this.

What I will never tolerate is that someone wants to disqualify and block my right to ask questions or express what I think
    And I am ready to die fighting for my rights. (as long as it is respecting everyone equally and without breaking the law).

If you don't like something, learn to be tolerant with everyone.

the important thing here is to solve the problem, then many people in the future might have the same doubt and they can find here an answer.

Help in a disinterested way, always be effective and positive. 100%

bye
    Last edited by zerowalk; 25th Sep 2019 at 15:35.

8. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    So to sum this up:
    a. x265 has an option to not set the SEI entries responsible for the encoding settings entries
    b. x264 has no option to remove such SEI entries. Rhe x264 developers intentionally did not add such an option, since x264 is open source it's source code could be edited to not write those infos. Multiple patches for this was offered to the x264 devs which declined it.
    c. For H.264 these SEI entries can be easily removed (with a small batch file for multiple files) using ffmpegs bitstream filter (examples can be easily found through a internet search engine of once choice) or a simple hex editor (time consuming; using Visual Studio for this is just overkill).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Usually the encoding settings are not as important as the filtering settings unless you really have no clue what you are doing.
    Thanks so much , Your answer is very detailed .

on the last point you mention:

There are many reasons for people who are not tolerant......., fanatical, radical, or people who just want to annoy. People who think bad all the time or have some resentment, etc, etc and more etc....

That's why in life one has to be Respectful to others and learn to be tolerant with everyone equally, even if you don't like something about other people, you can express it with education and in a good way. trying to be positive and looking for the best for everyone and without expecting anything in return.

There will always be differences in our Opinions, etc., but we must respect everyone equally in the same way as we deserve respect from everyone.

9. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    respect is a 2 way process

if you as an op keep flinging these useless reasons, no one will be willing to help you..

and by the way...

why do you keep saying in every sense of the word.. it means word has many meanings
    The is only one sense or definition of the word respect..

either you respect a person or not.. its simple as that..
    Again, don't be stubborn and learn to respect others.

Just as you deserve respect. Everyone else has the right to be respected.

Bye

10. Case closed..problem solved from Post Number 2
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    The "Encoding settings" you see for x264 and x265 encodes in MediaInfo are written by x264 and x265 into the AVC/HEVC bitstream as so called "SEI"s. x265 has the option "--no-info" to turn this off. x264 does not provide such an option (of course a programmer could alter the x264 source code and compile it himself). ffmpeg may allow removing the SEIvia the "filter_units" bitstream filter.The SEI is often only at the front of the stream so cutting the front away may lead to removal of the SEI as well. I don't know any software to "edit" them in the sense that you change parameters.

The x264 devs intentionally did not provide an option, btw, because they thought:
    a.) it's laughable anyone is gonna "steal" "your" precious settings and
    b.) it makes debugging harder

Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    So to sum this up:
    c. For H.264 these SEI entries can be easily removed (with a small batch file for multiple files) using ffmpeg bitstream filter (examples can be easily found through a internet search engine of once choice)or a simple hex editor (time consuming; using Visual Studio for this is just overkill).

OP. HE MEANS YOU WILL NEVER FIND A SOLUTION USING X264.exe, THERE IS NO FORK of the version you are looking for and THERE WILL NEVER BE ONE... simply because 1. It is Unethical ; 2 .no-one is interested in doing this (not worth the effort) JUST GOOGLE IT AND I BET YOU WILL NOT FIND IT

NOW AS I SAID IF WANT A SPECIALIZED FORK, DO IT YOURSELF: FIND A POOR SOUL WHO WILL DO IT FOR YOU... THE SOURCE CODE ISTHERE.. EDIT IT FIND THE PART YOU DON'T LIKE REMOVE IT, COMPILE.. SHARE OR NOT SHARE

Since you are clueless, I have found the solution:FFMPEG That is as far as I will go... It is a simple 1 line script . I respect that you are smart enough to piece up the clues given to you.. giving it straight is spoonfeeding and is only done to kids

PS. IF YOU DID YOU RESEARCH RATHER THAN BICKER ABOUT BEING SELFISH (NOW THAT IS NOT RESPECTING OTHERS) THIS WOULDN'T BE A LONG THREAD..

the important thing here is to solve the problem, then many people in the future might have the same doubt and they can find here an answer.
    IMHO The only one I see benefiting from this are pirates who rip COPYRIGHTED STUFF, removing metatags and passing it off as their own...
    as Ian Malcolm's character narrates in The movie Jurassic Park (1993)
    I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power you're using here.

It didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done, and you took the next step.
    You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves so you don't take any responsibility for it.
    You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could.

Before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunch
    box, now you're selling it. You're going to sell it. I don't think you're giving them their due credit.

Last edited by teodz1984; 25th Sep 2019 at 21:59.

11. Originally Posted by zerowalk View Post

I don't have time to waste with stupid people like you, I'm sure you have garbage in your head.

I recommend you Therapy or better kill yourself for the sake of your family. People like you don't deserve to live.

WOW BIG WORDS Sounds like you don't even know what RESPECT IN EVERY MEANING MEANS Tssk Tssk , Yet here you are begging for help ..

let me reiterate:“Don't trust a mirror that only tells you how wonderful you look.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

Enough Said
    Last edited by teodz1984; 25th Sep 2019 at 22:13.

12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.