VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    A newbie to the forum (although I have followed for years)!
    I was spurred on to join to ask a vexing question....
    I have used Freemake for years now. I know (and have) many of the other similar programs - but this one just is so user friendly. It does what I need with very little fuss. (I can always go deeper with Handbrake if needed, but that can be needlessly involved for simple tasks)
    A new wrinkle has appeared that I have never seen before.
    I have used every bit of the program - and this one has never happened before.
    I was merging MKV files together, choosing a final size of 16GB MKV(far below the max limit stated on the little jar icon).
    When the transcoding finished, the file size was 5GB!
    Huh. So I did it again. Same thing.
    It was only then that I noticed that the (usual arrow icon on the Min/max output file size jar icon was not an arrow but a Lock icon).
    It seems to do this also if I choose Mp4 output.
    Indeed, I tried to retranscode as an MP4 with the same results.
    I have every feature for the program unlocked. I even had this issue across two different computers running two different iterations of the program. (One with the newest version, and one with an old version I have been using for years).
    *in case it is pertinent- I was using the merge files with transition feature, although I have done that many times with no problems.
    The output is fine, except it is not the size I want. (I can't abide 30 GB shrunk the 5GB).
    Any ideas or explanation is welcome, as I can find nothing by just googling.
    Thanks!
    [Attachment 50253 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 50254 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by C.C. 95; 22nd Sep 2019 at 09:06.
    Quote Quote