VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, i have Some movies in x265 and it won't support on my Device,

Can i Decompress that x265 into x264 without Loosing Video Quality..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, using x264 lossless. But the resulting file will be larger by by a factor of ~50 and your device probably won't be able to play it (hardly anything outside a computer plays x264 lossless).

To make a file that your device will play you will have to lose a little quality. Maybe so little you won't notice. Try a program like Handbrake and encode with a Rate Factor of 18. Use a lower RF if you want higher quality (larger file), more if you want a smaller file size (lower quality).
    Quote Quote  
  3. follow jagabos advice.. the important thing is being able to play your file on your device..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't there any Way to Decompress, Without Re-encoding

My Pc is very Low Configuration (Intel i5)
    And it will take Lots of time for Re-encoding

I don't Have any problem if size will be double but i want some quicks way to Change Convet into x264
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sure you can decompress without reencoding (that's what a player does). But the file size will increase 10x to 50x, not 2x.

What i5 CPU do you have? Many include h.265 GPU decoding for playback (if you use a player that supports it). And most have h.264 GPU encoding for fairly quick encoding (Handbrake supports Intel Quick Sync h.264 GPU encoding).
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Converting x265 to x264 requires reencoding... And that takes time because you are expanding and compressing it in the process.No way out of that..
    Why are you have H254 movies if you can't play them in the first place...
    Are these movies aren't of legal in the first place? if they aren't we are not supposed to help you..
    Last edited by teodz1984; 22nd Sep 2019 at 20:05.
    Quote Quote