VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a newbie and not sure where this topic should go. I searched the forum for awhile, but couldn't find anything that addresses my situation.

I downloaded an mp4 video and its srt. When I played these files, the text was about 35% right, and all out of sync. (I looked for other srt's for this video, but they're all the same.) So, I decided to use Subtitle Edit to fix the problems, by editing out the wrong text, inserting the right text and syncing these lines to the video. This, in itself, has taken quite awhile, but, as I got about 4 min. into the srt, the text was pretty right on, but, there was now a gap of about 16 sec between the video (lips) and the text in the srt. I manually adjusted all of the lines by drastically changing the "Start time" (and "Duration"), but this adds a lot of processing time to the task. (I don't mind the little tweeks, but this...)

Is there a way to get rid of this 16 sec gap and have the rest of the srt's text as close to the sync time as possible? (To reduce all the remaining lines' Start Time, by 16 sec.)

Hopeful...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Select the first line after the gap. "Synchronization"->"Adjust all times"->"Selected line(s) and forward". Enter 16 seconds and click "Show earlier".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow...yes!!! Thank you! I'm not totally familiar with app, yet, and this is great...I tried it and it worked beautifully!
    Great job! It was probably a simple thing for you but I appreciate your time and response. It's another "Brick in the wall" for me.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a newbie and not sure where this topic should go.
    Subtitle” maybe...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moved the thread to the subtitle forum where other's can get solutions to similar issues.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote