VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to create an ISO file from the Bluray disc of the film that I want to sell through Media on Demand. These are the specs they asked for:

Blu-ray source files must be a single, authored ISO.
    Source files must be unencrypted.
    Source files must contain the following folders:

"/BDMV/",
    "/BDMV/BACKUP/",
    "/BDMV/CLIPINF/",
    "/BDMV/PLAYLIST/",
    "/BDMV/STREAM/

Source files must contain the following files:

"/BDMV/index.bdmv",
    "/BDMV/MovieObject.bdmv

I created the file once in Toast Titanium and then Disk Utility in my iMac. Both times, this is what the contents of my folder will have a BDMV file and a CERTIFICATE folder with nothing in it except an empty BACKUP folder. I tried uploading twice in the "files" section of my Media on Demand page. But I keep getting the error saying "The Bluray ISO submitted appears to be missing files required by the Bluray spec. Please revise the ISO and resubmit". Amazon is no help with this as they told me "you will have to ask a friend or family member for the right editing software".

My question is how do I create the ISO file with the required Bluray specs?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20190914040426_1.png
Views:	345
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	50248  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20190914040755_1.png
Views:	113
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	50249  

Name:	image_20190914040810_1.png
Views:	90
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	50250  

Name:	image_20190914040823_1.png
Views:	64
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	50251  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked at Roxio's product page for Toast Titanium. It says Toast does DVD authoring. There is no mention of it doing Blu-ray authoring, which is a step that must be completed prior to burning to disc or ISO creation. (Blu-ray authoring creates the files and folders required for compliance with the Blu-ray spec.) What did you use to author your video?

[Edit]Also, you might get better advice from members who follow the Mac sub-forum since the available selection of OS X-compatible software and Windows software are different. (I am strictly a Windows user.) Do you want me to ask a moderator to move your post?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Sep 2019 at 13:10.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used Toast Titanium for the Blu-ray authoring. Yes please ask the moderator to move my post. Appreciate your help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. I looked around and found that Toast has a "High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in" (available separately) for Blu-ray authoring.

I sent a message to a moderator to move your thread.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AJEpyx View Post
    I'm trying to create an ISO file from the Bluray disc of the film that I want to sell through Media on Demand.
    So you already have a physical disc authored to Blu-ray Disc specifications?

Both times, this is what the contents of my folder will have a BDMV file and a CERTIFICATE folder with nothing in it except an empty BACKUP folder.
    What are the attributes of your "BDMV file"? It's supposed to be a folder structure, as Amazon noted. I don't use Macs often, but from the screenshot it looks like QuickTime has associated itself with your file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have a physical disc, but when it's mounted and I open it, it looks exactly how it does in the pic with the BDMV file.

The only attribute I see of the BDMV file is where it says in the info:

Kind: AVCHD Collection

Name:	screenshot_01.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	50299  

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AJEpyx View Post
    I have a physical disc, but when it's mounted and I open it, it looks exactly how it does in the pic with the BDMV file.

The only attribute I see of the BDMV file is where it says in the info:

Kind: AVCHD Collection
    try dvdfab for mac - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/rip-blu-ray-to-iso-on-mac.htm
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have an update with good news and bad news.

The good news is I found a work-around to create my .iso file. I simply copied the BDMV file which has all the contents in it, dragged it into Toast, and created a successful .iso file with everything in it.

Now here's the bad news. I'm still having trouble uploading my .iso file to Amazon's file upload section for Blu-ray discs. I followed all the specifications requested, created a proper .iso file, and attempted multiple times to upload my file. Every time I do it, it will say "File uploaded successfully", but then the "Save changes" at the bottom cannot be clicked on. Now when I refresh the page or go to the next section and back, it will read "An error has occurred while processing your file".

What am I doing wrong here? Is it my file, my internet connection, or is there clearly a problem with Amazon's uploading system for Blu-rays?

Name:	screenshot_01.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	50306  

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-26 Amazon Media on Demand.png
Views:	122
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	50307  

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-26 Amazon Media on Demand copy.png
Views:	231
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	50308  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Blu-ray uses UDF 2.5 or 2.6. Does Toast tell you which version it's using when you manually create an ISO from a folder like that?
    Quote Quote  
  10. The options that Toast gives me are the following:

Mac Only
    Mac & PC
    DVD-ROM (UDF)
    ISO 9660
    Photo Disc

I previously used ISO 9660.

Name:	screenshot_03.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	50310  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't use Toast for this. Don't use a Mac for this (unless you dualboot into Windows). There are NO legit BD authoring apps for Mac. For PC, there's Vegas/DVDA (pro), BluDiscStudio, Encore (part of CS6), and the grandaddy - Scenarist, maybe afew others. Yes, these are pro/semipro level apps not consumer: anyone sending BDs to be replicated is expected to be at that level.

Also, for BD (HD/3D/UHD) it MUST be UDF 2.5/2.6, *never* just ISO9660. The DVDROM option is UDF 1.02/2.1.

Scott

(I say this having done the DVD & BD replication route before).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Have you used Amazon Media on Demand to submit Blu-ray ISOs before?
    Quote Quote