VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have been ripping old dvd-r's into mp4 format. On the disc, they play perfectly in sync.
    The resulting files are all slightly out of audio/video sync.
    This has happened with 5 or 6 different ripping/conversion programs and 2 different computers and disc players as well. Tried all sorts of combos.
    Best solution has been Avidemux at -250 setting. It gets the problem perfectly fixed.
    The only issue is I have hundreds of videos and I can't seem to figure out the scripting for batch conversion on Avidemux.

1: Can anyone give me an actual script that would work on avidemux for batch processing mp4 files just re-syncing the audio at -250?
    2: Or any other program that can do the same simple task in a batch? I don't mind paying to buy any program if it will work like Avidemux.
    Nothing else needs to be changed or re-converted on the files.
    Each audio sync (even for a large file) only take 3 or 4 minutes with Avidemux.

I'm just really looking for any program that can do a small shift in audio to match with the video without full re-conversion.
    Since Avidemux works perfectly, that might be best if I can figure out the scripting as a novice

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by lplp; 15th Sep 2019 at 19:45.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wrote this batch file for an elderly friend.
    Put it, a test video and ffmpeg.exe in the same folder.
    Run the batch file. It's pretty fast.

Fix-Audio.cmd
    Code:
    @echo off
    if not exist NEW\*.* md NEW

echo.
    echo  Output will be in the \NEW folder.
    echo  Enter the figure in "seconds.milliseconds"
    echo  with a plus or minus sign in front.
    echo.
    echo  The change can be negative or positive.
    echo  e.g.
    echo  -0.500  -^> half a second
    echo  -0.250  -^> a quarter of a second
    echo  +0.280  -^> two hundred and eighty milliseconds
    echo  +1.500  -^> one and a half seconds
    echo.
    echo  If the audio is playing too late use negative.
    echo  If the audio is playing too soon use positive.
    set /p offset=Enter the change:

for %%a in ("*.avi") do ffmpeg.exe -i "%%a" -itsoffset %offset% -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -map 0:0 -map 1:1  -y "NEW\%%a"
    for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg.exe -i "%%a" -itsoffset %offset% -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -map 0:0 -map 1:1  -y "NEW\%%a"
    Cheers
    Last edited by pcspeak; 20th Sep 2019 at 23:49. Reason: Spelling.
    Quote Quote