VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Converting 15GB to 8.1GB videos, which is my usual objective, used to take about two hours. Now it takes 4 hours and, as I say again, the settings didn't change.

That's why I'm looking for an explanation. The settings have not changed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will ask another question that is not related to this problem, just for you to direct me to where I should take it to. In this forum if possible.

Several months ago I bought a 32" professional monitor so that things could be larger on the screen, particularly characters.

But I haven't yet been able to manage an optimum relation between programs and characters size, so it will look well.

Look what happened with the Vidcoder pages, which I wanted to upload here to discuss settings. Characters superimpose or are barely readable.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vidcoder.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	50108  

Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, many programs don't work well when Windows is set to larger font sizes -- you end up with overlapping text, cropped text, controls that are outside a dialog boxe, etc. If you want larger text on screen the solution to keep the same resolution with a larger monitor. Or scale size of the size of monitor more than the increase in resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
    Converting 15GB to 8.1GB videos, which is my usual objective, used to take about two hours. Now it takes 4 hours and, as I say again, the settings didn't change.

That's why I'm looking for an explanation. The settings have not changed.
    If everything is really the same (same length video, same frame size, same frame rate, same filtering, same encoder settings, etc.) then the only explanation is that your getting CPU throttling from overheating (as dust is coating the CPU cooler, fans are failing, etc.).

Note that different videos may take longer or shorter to encode even if everything else is exactly the same. But that's usually a very minor difference (single digit percentages) except for some uncommon cases like a slideshow with no transition effects (ie, many exact duplicate frames).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just checked on the CPU temps when Vidcoder is processing.

The higher it gets is 75 degrees C, which is certainly within non-throttling values.

I wonder where can I get the latest Vidcoder setups, to see what affects speed.
    Quote Quote