VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Heck, I used a simple AviSource on it and had no problems at all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It doesn't really make sense that ffVideoSource() would have problems with a huffyuv avi. The codec is all intra-frame (every frame is a keyframe) and the container has in index pointing to every frame. I compared ffVideoSource(), LWlibavVideoSource() and AviSource() and all three delivered exactly the same frame every time, even quick on random seeking. The only difference I found was that ffVideoSource() gave YV16 output by default. The other two gave YUY2.

I suspect the OP just made some other error when he was using ffVideoSource() earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in no position to shed light on why it does or doesn’t work with the any given filters, but it’s now working and I’m ecstatic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I suspect it was sharc's instructions on how to set up QTGMC properly and change the field order that fixed BarrytheCrab's problem, rather than changing the source filter:
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    The setting for QTGMC double-rate bobbing is as discussed before: via Menu 'Filtering'->'(De-)interlace/Telecine' and tick 'Force', select Deinterlacer: 'QTGMC (Avisynth)' and tick 'bob' and select Order:1 (for TFF).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Every time I have any software set TFF. Even I know vhs is TFF.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Barrythecrab View Post
    Every time I have any software set TFF. Even I know vhs is TFF.
    VHS is not TFF. Analog video doesn't even have frames. It's is simply an alternating series of top and bottom fields. It's only when fields are digitized and paired into frames that it becomes TFF or BFF. The capture device/firmware determines whether the capture starts with a top field then pairs it with the next (bottom) field to produce TFF frames, or starts with a bottom field then pairs it with the next (top) field to create BFF frames.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That’s sort of what I meant...it’s captured at top field first if allowed to specify but I don’t want to get too wordy here lest I get pummeled.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Barrythecrab View Post
    That’s sort of what I meant...it’s captured at top field first if allowed to specify but I don’t want to get too wordy here lest I get pummeled.
    Maybe your capture device captures TFF. But it can be captured BFF too. It depends on the capture device. For example, DV devices all capture BFF.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am pretty sure that the OP had a sourcefilter/decoder issue. We don't know his OS and video installations.
    For example when I tried DirectShowSource (to be avoided, I know) and watched the fields (TFF) I got occasional, random glitches in the sequence. Maybe the OP's system defaulted to DSS?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Still using AVISource here and I can't duplicate that first sample he uploaded with the dupe frames and missing frames, so maybe you're right about what you said the problem is (which I don't fully understand). With a simple QTGMC (no field order correction) I get the stuttering movement. But with SelectEven or odd after QTGMC or using FPSDivisor=2 within QTGMC, it plays smoothly at 29.97fps. I thought sure I could confirm the problem of using a single rate deinterlacer with the wrong field order, but I can't.

So I apologize to both you and Barrythecrab for claiming otherwise. I'm glad you (Sharc) solved his problem for him.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    ….. (which I don't fully understand) ……...
    Nor do I fully understand as to why it behaves like that. And nothing to apologize for. Sometimes we have to accept mysteries and miracles, it seems
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No apologies needed, but plenty of thanks to go around!
    My dxdiag is attached if anyone might find it of interest.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Last edited by Freddylicious; 19th Sep 2019 at 07:50. Reason: wrong thread
    Quote Quote