VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello my friends, how to extract or to demux the original ac3 audio from dvd without delay?

and how to know how much was out of sync ????

because it does not appear in the log, already tried pgcdemux voedit no sucess and is out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can open the VOBs in DGIndex and save a project file and you'll get the AC3 along with it. If there's a delay, it'll show in the file name.
    Quote Quote  
  3. is it in this option? --> https://imgur.com/Uh0zgbl I did and still got out of sync, looks the same as the other programs, and appeared zero0 delay did not show how late it is, is there another method to see how late?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, that's the one. In that case there's probably an opening PGC with no audio that throws off the delay. If so, remove the delay using DelayCut. Figure out what it is and remove it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank for the helpness, please help-me miss only one, i am already with the delaycut program I'm fast lol... i think I learned to apply the time to the delay cut, but, how do you know this time?? How can i know how late you are??? is there any program i can open just to see the duration of this part exactly that causes the delay to be able to cut?

how best to see how exactly how long your audio is late???
    Last edited by escarlate; 5th Sep 2019 at 23:08.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, there's no program to tell you what it is. You said you made a version with a bad delay, right? Play that version using a player that can adjust the delay on the fly. I use MPC-HC. The + and - keys adjust it in 10ms increments. Figure it out by going to a place with a sharp sound (a gunshot, a door slamming, slapping someone on the back, etc.) and adjust the delay until it seems right.

The AviSynth filter Audiograph can also be very helpful. I demonstrate the script and its use in this post:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385802-Software-with-Accurate-Video-and-Audio-Wave...ay#post2502021
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm confused.
    If you are extracting just the audio....what is it "out of sync" with?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    No, there's no program to tell you what it is. You said you made a version with a bad delay
    Thank you for your help, i am too bad there is no exact way to know the time delaying the audio, i will see the way you do using AviSynth Audiograph, but if you have a safer way to know the exact time of the extracted original audio.

I did it in a way that apparently worked: when i extract the original audio or vob (video) they are in this particular case always out of sync with the dvd video full set, until the vob when extracted is out of sync, so now i have two versions a) vob + original audio out of sync and b) video + audio synced to dvd, i saw the difference between "a" and "b" in sony vegas, and set "start msec" the time difference in that if so, it was advanced and synchronized, then i tested i did the steps with muxman and was synchronized.

By the way manono, can you tell why the same audio extracted from the dvd is out of sync with the same dvd?

Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I'm confused.
    If you are extracting just the audio....what is it "out of sync" with?
    the audio extracted from the dvd goes out of sync with the same dvd, after i try to replace the dvd itself.
    Last edited by escarlate; 6th Sep 2019 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by escarlate View Post
    By the way manono, can you tell why the same audio extracted from the dvd is out of sync with the same dvd?
    I already gave one possible explanation. There might be an audioless tiny PGC at the beginning that throws the synch off when doing what you're doing. It's only in synch in the original DVD. It points to an incorrect or incomplete decryption of the DVD.

If that's true, then there are some useless black frames at the very beginning that could be removed to put the audio back in synch. Or you could remove the short PGC to begin with. PGCDemux could show you if such a PGC exists.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    It's only in synch in the original DVD. It points to an incorrect or incomplete decryption of the DVD.
    I did not understand this part

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If that's true, then there are some useless black frames at the very beginning that could be removed to put the audio back in synch. Or you could remove the short PGC to begin with. PGCDemux could show you if such a PGC exists.
    this is interesting, could you explain better?

I opened my pgcdemux and ifo dvd that after extracting the audio it is out of sync with the same dvd

there are three pgcs, the first is that of the movie apparently at the same time as any other
    the second with 00: 00: 00: 15
    and the third with 00: 00: 00: 24

Look: https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/HTuWQ1c.jpg

can i find this short pgc there?

What causes this lack of sync after extracting, is it really the audio, or the video that is delayed?

I can only work with the dvd video sync, after i convert vob to "xvid avi", Is this what i am wrong?

when i reauthorize dvd i extract everything and put it back on the dvd, i don't touch anything anymore, but this dvd that is in series of several chapters appeared that suddenly it had never happened before.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oh, the first PGC is the film? I was expecting the first one to be one of the short ones. It's not as I expected.
    I did not understand this part
    This is a retail DVD, right? How did you decrypt it? How did you get it to the hard drive?

If it doesn't have a short PGC before the film, the first cell could do the same thing - have no audio so the audio goes out of synch when used after you reencode the DVD. When you choose Mode-> Single Cell, is there a short first cell, one with no audio?

I really think that rather than spending so much time on this, you get a good estimate of the delay and adjust the AC3 file using DelayCut to remove that delay. And then use that fixed AC3 for the movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by escarlate View Post
    I can only work with the dvd video sync, after i convert vob to "xvid avi", Is this what i am wrong?
    What?
    Quote Quote