VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My current workspace is optimized for VO recording, portrait photo editing, and web browsing, with a single VERTICAL monitor. Soon I will have to start regular editing on a long term project, and Im thinking the vertical monitor setup may actually be better for that as wellIF I can arrange the Davinci layout how I want; Id love to have the Project frame full-width at the top of the screen, then the Clip frame full-width below it (or vice-versa), then timeline and other windows arranged below. Fullscreen check can be done later or on another monitor.

Is this possible with a Davinci or any NLE? I cant check myself because for now my desktop has only integrated graphics still so Davinci refuses to install on it.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You won't like Resolve on a vertical screen -- its layout is not very customizable. Premiere and Avid are far more flexible that way. (Probably Vegas too, but I don't have it any more to try.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looks like in Premiere CS6 I can float and rearrange windows in some fashion for my 16X10 vertical monitor. So you can't detach windows at all in Resolve?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomLayout1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	50025
    Quote Quote  
  4. AFAIK the only window that currently floats in Resolve is the scopes window. (They seem to have a new version every few days, so keep watching the left hand column on this site. --And yes, Vegas will do what you want as well.)
    Quote Quote