VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting this error from MKVToonixGUI: "Files cannot be appended to themselves. The argument for '--append-to' was invalid."

Which, as error messages go, is pretty unambiguous. Only issue is I'm trying to append a file named "1.mkv" to a file named "2.mkv". Clearly, those aren't the same file.

So why am I getting this error? Here's the actual command line:
    Code:
    C:/Program Files/MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe --ui-language en --output M:\Backups\Temp\output.mkv --language 0:eng --language 1:eng --track-name 1:Dolby Digital 2.0 --default-track 1:yes ( M:\Backups\Temp\1.mkv ) + ( M:\Backups\Temp\2.mkv ) --track-order 0:0,0:1 --append-to 1:0:0:0,1:1:0:1,1:2:1:1
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    --append-to 1:0:0:0,1:1:0:1,1:2:1:1
    The last pair is 1:2:1:1. So you are trying to append track 2 from file 1 to track 1 from file 1. Same file.

P.S.:
    Code:
    --track-name 1:Dolby Digital 2.0
    Probably want
    Code:
    --track-name "1:Dolby Digital 2.0"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, the second clip has a spare audio track I hadn't noticed. Unchecking that fixes the issue.

I'm using MKVtoolnixGUI, not the command line interface. To post here I just went to the "show command line" option and removed escaping so it'd be more readable.
    Quote Quote