VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert .ass subtitle files to .sup for some Blu Rays I'm doing and when I export them to .sup with Subtitle Edit the subs lines that have to appear in the same time for a few seconds doesn't appears, also they loses their font and position in the screen, something I can do for fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try easySUP,it will convert .ass files to sup,you will need to so some adjustments to get the right font size/positioning and color setting.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RafaMR14 View Post
    I'm trying to convert .ass subtitle files to .sup for some Blu Rays I'm doing and when I export them to .sup with Subtitle Edit the subs lines that have to appear in the same time for a few seconds doesn't appears, also they loses their font and position in the screen, something I can do for fix that?
    You can't fix it in SubtitleEdit. Blu-ray subtitles are supposed to follow rules which don't allow many of the features supported by .ass formatted subs. SubtitleEdits's settings for Blu-ray follow those rules.

Blu-ray subs use the same font and colors throughout. For Blu-ray subs, the number of lines displayed at any one time should be between 1 and 2. Although 3 lines are permitted it is something to be avoided, if possible. Blu-ray subtitles don't support positioning to denote speakers. Lines must appear together and in the same position within the frame throughout. Usually, they are positioned near the bottom of the frame.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. You are wrong, usually_quiet. PGS subtitles on Blu-Ray do allow positioning and differents fonts and colors. There are limits, though, which don't allow 100% mapping from ASS to PGS similar to how there are limits on the video and audio encoding on Blu-Ray.

If there are problems with Subtitle Edit (and easySUP) try avs2bdnxml. But any problems could also be related to the authoring software/muxer and/or the Blu-Ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    You are wrong, usually_quiet. PGS subtitles on Blu-Ray do allow positioning and differents fonts and colors. There are limits, though, which don't allow 100% mapping from ASS to PGS similar to how there are limits on the video and audio encoding on Blu-Ray.

If there are problems with Subtitle Edit (and easySUP) try avs2bdnxml. But any problems could also be related to the authoring software/muxer and/or the Blu-Ray player.
    Then I guess I have not watched the right movies. Subtitles in the movies I have watched followed the rules that I outlined, which seem related to providing optimum readability for a general audience.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I used BDSup2Sub to reposition my sup/idx/sub file made with easysup so the lines went overhead when titles where being shown.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote