VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a weird problem. Converting mp4 files using mcebuddy. File works fine but if i try to stream the file to another device using plex or even opening the file from a shared folder on another computer the audio is out of synce by almost 2 whole seconds. The only way the file works is if played directly from the file location or if i open plex, set the video to play on a third party video player app and play it. I cant play it in plex directly. Running windows 7. I want to run windows 7 because it is a free computer i got from work i want to uses as a media server. PLEASE HELP. No one from mcebuddy forum is answering me about this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible Plex is trying to convert the video on the fly, and the computer is just not fast enough?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a lot of movies and shows that i converted to mp4 on my main pc that stream just fine.its only the ones i converted on the win7 pc that the audio is off. I disnt mention that the convertions on the win7 pc are 1.008 seconds off that i have set to manually correct inside. But as i stated before the file plays perfectly if just played directly. And also, If i play the files from a network folder in VLC the sound is off. So its not plex.
    Last edited by Yonahinthewhale; 31st Aug 2019 at 20:54.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Run MediaInfo and post log here. One of a working file and one of a "broken" file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I will do this when i get home later and get back to you. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I uploaded a working and a non working. I can give you more examples if needed. These are some differences I noticed:

Video:

Title : Stereo
    Format profile : High@L3
    Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30
    Minimum frame rate : 9.990 FPS
    Maximum frame rate : 29.970 FPS
    Original frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS

Audio:

Title : Stereo

All of these are from the Not working file and not even show in the working one I'm not sure what to look for but if you see something that could be corrupting the files it would be amazing. Thank you again for your help.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Yonahinthewhale; 2nd Sep 2019 at 20:37.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Any Thoughts?
    Quote Quote