VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm looking for a player that would play videos playlist seamlessmly, without apparent interruption between two clips. As I need it to for weedings, I'm basically trying to play slideshow of videos with lengh of 1 to 10 sec randomly from a folder or several.

Using merger or slideshow software for these isn't what I'm looking for (long process), as I'm looking to play the slideshow live from the folders on windows. And so, I thought of playlist in media players, with the random functionality. Unfortunatly, players I tried (WMP, bsplayer, KMplayer, VLC,...) all have the same issue. There's always an obvious joint between each clips, a few fraction of section (sometime more) of blank screen.

Could you advise me a player that can run a playlist of very short videos from a folder (with random option) with a seamless feel, as if the clips have been processed and merged by a software? (Note that there can thousands of clips.)

I am on a PC, Windows 10.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try
    Code:
    mpv --shuffle *
    I don't know how the performance is with thousands of clips.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Working well, thanks!

Although, I didn't manage to get the shuffle option activated. As I understood in other forum thread, I tried to add the code in the file input.conf

#Ctrl+r playlist-shuffle
    or
    #Ctrl+r --shuffle

But none change the order of my playlist. Could you tell me how to implement it? (I precise that I am not an expert in all computer things)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use as command-line parameter or put it into mpv.conf, not input.conf.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I tried in mpv.conf each of the 4 following lines, but none seems to work (re-launched MPV each time):

- For keyboard shortcup:

# Shuffle clips.
    #Ctrl+r playlist-shuffle

# Shuffle clips.
    #Ctrl+r --shuffle

- Direct command:

# Shuffle clips.
    #--shuffle

# Shuffle clips.
    #Ctrl+r playlist-shuffle

These are incorrect? (likely)
    Quote Quote  
  6. It appears we misunderstood each other. My suggestion was to open a command-prompt in the folder of your clips and literally enter the following into prompt:
    Code:
    mpv --shuffle *
    "*" makes mpv open with all files of the folder as the playlist. "--shuffle" shuffles the playback. I think "--shuffle" is an option that only works at start so keybinding it won't work.

If you first want to open mpv, then load a playlist and then shuffle it with ctrl+r you put the following into input.conf:
    Code:
    ctrl+r playlist-shuffle
    Note that pressing ctrl+r will not start a random clip at once. mpv will continue playing the current clip, only the next item will be decided on the new random order.
    You can force mpv to play the next item by binding that as well:
    Code:
    ctrl+r playlist-shuffle ; playlist-next
    Last edited by sneaker; 29th Aug 2019 at 16:39.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It's working. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote