VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm copying the DV-files from a Sharp miniDV camcorder to a Windows 7 PC through 4 pin Firewire.

In Scenalyzer (sclive) I get the error message:

*** Error:cc:can't connect: 345

I cannot capture. Sometimes it's possible to control the camcorder (start playing) from Scenalyzer - but only ONCE - after that the controls don't function any more. It only shows the pause key now and then. I've attached a screenshot.

The legacy IEEE 1394 is installed in Windows 7. As seen in the screenshot it chooses "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" in Screenalyzer, which should be OK.

I can get WinDV to work - now and then. It worked at first, then I closed it down, then I couldn't get it to work. It reported ""cant find DV output pin"". But after trying everything for hours, suddenly it worked again (don't know why), and now I don't want to turn neither WinDV nor the camcorder off, till I've got all my tapes digitized. In WinDV it also chooses "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR". I also upload a screenshot from WinDV for your information.

I somehow feel that Scenalyzer would be more stable - if just I could get it to work - and it also has more options than WinDV.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scenalyzer.png
Views:	20
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	49946  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WinDV_screenshot.png
Views:	15
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	49947  

Quote Quote  
  2. I got a new camcorder. That solved the problem. So it was probably either a hardware fault or the driver for the camcorder that was the culprit.
    Quote Quote