VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Thread
  1. I don't think there is an option in the chroma decoders for it at the moment but it should be quite simple to add. You may be able to simply grab the frames manually from the TBC file, I think it's just raw RGB48 data, will have to check the code.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Titan_91 View Post
    Thanks, but I'm wondering if I can skip the chroma decoding and tbcc file in vhs-decode.
    I think you can disable chroma file writing if you change the line 324 in process.py from:
    Code:
    self.outfile_chroma = open(fname_out + '.tbcc', 'wb')
    to:
    Code:
    self.outfile_chroma = None
    But this hack may not avoid background chroma processing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's not a big deal if chroma decoding can't be turned off, it would just significantly speed up luma only decoding for further processing of things like TV Teddy audio, closed captions, and other monochrome VBI data.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey Zcooger and oln are we there yet?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are we where? This is a volunteer project worked on in everyone's spare time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are we there where a final GUI is available for the public obviously, I know it's a volunteer basis project but I'm just looking forward to a useful outcome.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The capture app for the Domesday duplicator is a GUI, capturing from conexant cards is command-line at the moment. There isn't a gui for the decoder for the moment, it's command-line, though there's an ld-analyse app to look at individual decoded frames. A more integrated GUI for decoding and various parts is certainly doable, but it hasn't been a priority yet, focus is on improving decoding. I've been a bit busy moving lately, but I'll be back working on it more again soon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm not interested in the Domesday duplicator since it doesn't work on the VCR's RF without tweaking and I don't have a laser disc player or discs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Zcooger, was this PAL clip played back on a VCR or using vhs-decode? It looks fantastic. I wish I could help with the luma noise in the current NTSC version. At this stage there's potential to meet high end VCR playback results. If the noise can be filtered out I think we'll get there.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gs-XbbHQMvc

Examples of noise:

Last edited by Titan_91; 1st Jul 2020 at 18:15.
    Quote Quote