This guide will show you how to setup an MSYS2 building environment for compiling free & open-source software such as Lame, twolame, x264, x265, Xvid, MP4Box, Flac, ffmpeg, Libav, MPlayer & MEncoder, and even GCC itself.
1) First, download one of the .tar.xz archives from one of the URLs below. The i686 packages are mandatory only if your edition of Windows is a 32-bit one.
2) Open the archive with 7-Zip, WinRAR or something else and extract the folder "msys32" or "msys64" to the root directory of an HDD (C:\, D:\, R:\, X:\, etc). You can rename "msys##" to, for example, MSYS2Win32 or MSYS2Win64 if you think the original name is rather unimaginative
3) Next, download one of the GCC packages from this Mediafire folder:
then copy the contents of the 32-bit folder to MSYS2dir\mingw32 and the contents of the 64-bit folder to MSYS2dir\mingw64.
4) Download a CMake .zip for Windows from https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/releases , create the folder MSYSdir\CMAKE and extract the contents of "cmake-version_number-win##-x##" into CMAKE.
5) Download a GIT .cab from http://www.mediafire.com/file/te9b9zefxeulffw/PortableGit-2.22.0-32-bit.cab/file or from http://www.mediafire.com/file/1meouth27ygbtyt/PortableGit-2.22.0-64-bit.cab/file , create the folder MSYS2dir\GIT, copy the contents of "git" into GIT.
6) Download a Mercurial .7z from https://www.mediafire.com/?n45r875sobxd9 , create the folder MSYS2dir\HG, extract the folders and files from "Mercurial-version_number-x##" into HG.
7) Download the file http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu57p87vvk9kfuu/commons.7z/file and extract the folder "commons" into MSYS2dir.
8) Create the start-menu or/and desktop shortcuts to MSYS2dir\msys2.exe, mingw32.exe and mingw64.exe.
9) Now, goto MSYS2dir\msys2.exe and double-click it. A CLI window will pop-up, will do "some things", and then will close itself (but if it doesn't, just close it).
10) Run msys2.exe again and improve the MSYS2 interface by clicking on the window with the right-button of the mouse. Unless you are a dork who has eagle eyes or/and an 80-inch monitor, you really need to get rid of MSYS2's stupid default settings ; change the text size, the text color, the display font, the background color, the behavior of the mouse buttons, etc, according to your preferences. Close the window again, either through the close button or by typing "exit" and pressing ENTER.
11) Time to edit the file etc\fstab. Open it with any text editor that can deal with UNIX text files — Notepad.exe cannot, but Notepad++, TextPad, EditPlus, EditPad, EmEditor and etcetera can. Set the correct path values to the mingw32 and mingw64 "variables". For example,
Edit the file, save the file, close the editor.Code:C:/MSYS2Win32/mingw32 /mingw32 C:/MSYS2Win32/mingw64 /mingw64
12) Time to edit the file home\YourUsername\.bash_profile.
Add the lines below:
13) The final step: open msys2.exe again and run the following commands:Code:export PS1='[\w]\n<$MSYSTEM> ' PATH=/commons:/CMAKE/bin:/GIT/bin:/HG:$PATH export PATH
That's all for now.Code:pacman -S make pacman -S automake pacman -S autoconf pacman -S libtool pacman -S m4 pacman -S gettext pacman -S pkg-config pacman -S findutils pacman -S patch pacman -S svn pacman -S zip pacman -S p7zip pacman -S bison pacman -S gettext-devel pacman -S sshpass pacman -S texinfo pacman -S cvs pacman -S man pacman -S zlib-devel
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
users on my IgnoreList: 162 names thus far, but featuring DB83 and manono.
[reserved]users on my IgnoreList: 162 names thus far, but featuring DB83 and manono.