+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Thank you very much!!

I tried with Threads 2 and Threads 3, with this last one, CPU load was 68/92% what about? is safe?

And temps max 72/73c this mean hardware inside is taking less hot? and is there some beetwin =3 so I can acelerate a litle more?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post
    I tried with Threads 2 and Threads 3, with this last one, CPU load was 68/92% what about? is safe?
    Any number of threads is safe. But what do you mean by 68/92%? 68 percent at 2 thread, 92 percent at 3? Keep in mind that the thread limit is for x264 only. Handbrake is also using threads for decoding the source, filtering, etc. Those are usually small compared to the encoding but they can be more substantial if you are using very fast encoder settings.

Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post
    And temps max 72/73c this mean hardware inside is taking less hot?
    The average temperature of all 4 cores should be lower. Individual cores may still be the same temperature as before (depending on how the OS allocates cores).

and is there some beetwin =3 so I can acelerate a litle more?
    You can only set integer numbers of threads.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any number of threads is safe. But what do you mean by 68/92%? 68 percent at 2 thread, 92 percent at 3? Keep in mind that the thread limit is for x264 only. Handbrake is also using threads for decoding the source, filtering, etc. Those are usually small compared to the encoding but they can be more substantial if you are using very fast encoder settings.

And temps max 72/73c this mean hardware inside is taking less hot?
    The average temperature of all 4 cores should be lower. Individual cores may still be the same temperature as before (depending on how the OS allocates cores).

and is there some beetwin =3 so I can acelerate a litle more?
    You can only set integer numbers of threads.
    Is it OK? that is in red I mean when I did the first three encodes the max temp was 73c without put threads 3 and full load, and now as you can see is 74c suddenly

[Attachment 49987 - Click to enlarge]

And I use this configuration

[Attachment 49988 - Click to enlarge]

Three hours later

[Attachment 49989 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by BlurayHD; 31st Aug 2019 at 21:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. And you're working in a temperature controlled test facility with reproducible conditions? Or maybe your office was a few degrees warmer when you tested that time. A few degrees one way or another doesn't make any difference and is within the margin of error.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And you're working in a temperature controlled test facility with reproducible conditions? Or maybe your office was a few degrees warmer when you tested that time. A few degrees one way or another doesn't make any difference and is within the margin of error.
    When I encode I donīt use the laptop for nothing, I let the laptop the encode, I do at home temp ambient and here is winter, maybe (not exactly of course) 20c

Excuse me dear Jagabo if I get you wrong you mean the temps that shows Core temps are not good?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post
    you mean the temps that shows Core temps are not good?
    How many times do you have to be told? ~70 C is not a problem for that CPU.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I right Jagabo I hope donīt be angry with me, I just thought 71, 72, 73, 74 means a warning I really hope donīt bother you, I so appreciate it because thanks to you and the others Iīm get it, Iīll do another more encoder and shows the temps here

I have a question dear Jagabo, like I sayd before here is winter, and this room usually is some cold, if I raise the temperature ambient and I do the encode that help better for see the temps? anyway have a nice weekend!! (some day Iīll help )
    Last edited by BlurayHD; 1st Sep 2019 at 11:53.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If your raise the room temperature you will get higher core temperatures.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I right Jagabo I hope donīt be angry with me, I just thought 71, 72, 73, 74 means a warning I really hope donīt bother you, I so appreciate it because thanks to you and the others Iīm get it, Iīll do another more encoder and shows the temps here

I have a question dear Jagabo, like I sayd before here is winter, and this room usually is some cold, if I raise the temperature ambient and I do the encode that help better for see the temps? anyway have a nice weekend!! (some day Iīll help )
    You need to chill down friend Laptops generate more heat but can tolerate more heat because they are design to be hotter ( and thus less room for cooling) and even 75-77c range is very ok for laptop without crashing unless it is some crappy brand
    I live in a area where is very hot at summer ( like right now at night is 30c outside room temperature around 29 during day around 40) and my i7 6700hq 3,2 ghz (that's not u model its higher performance chip ) on 100% load is going up to 73c without cool pad (You can use some software to control the coolers on the laptop itself to blow faster so it will bring down the temperatures mine around 65c with cool pad max 66c ) like and for the last more than 3 years I used it almost 10 hours a day for rendering using filters playing high gpu/cpu demanding games and it is never crashed so far and it seems fine so as Jagabo told you the temperatures are fine and it will not ruin your laptop. First sign of overheating or to much temp (and thus trying to lower temp) is throttling aka lowering the cpu speed (you can do it manually as was described by others)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    I right Jagabo I hope donīt be angry with me, I just thought 71, 72, 73, 74 means a warning I really hope donīt bother you, I so appreciate it because thanks to you and the others Iīm get it, Iīll do another more encoder and shows the temps here

You need to chill down friend Laptops generate more heat but can tolerate more heat because they are design to be hotter ( and thus less room for cooling) and even 75-77c range is very ok for laptop without crashing unless it is some crappy brand
    I live in a area where is very hot at summer ( like right now at night is 30c outside room temperature around 29 during day around 40) and my i7 6700hq 3,2 ghz (that's not u model its higher performance chip ) on 100% load is going up to 73c without cool pad (You can use some software to control the coolers on the laptop itself to blow faster so it will bring down the temperatures mine around 65c with cool pad max 66c ) like and for the last more than 3 years I used it almost 10 hours a day for rendering using filters playing high gpu/cpu demanding games and it is never crashed so far and it seems fine so as Jagabo told you the temperatures are fine and it will not ruin your laptop. First sign of overheating or to much temp (and thus trying to lower temp) is throttling aka lowering the cpu speed (you can do it manually as was described by others)
    Thank you for your advice
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to this but using threads=3 when I encode temps max are beetwin 71/72/73 and the processor is not a full load, takes some more time but no problem, here is winter , will see in summer
    Quote Quote  
  12. Try 2 threads or 1 thread. Any difference in temps?
    Quote Quote