VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please help. I have the latest version of Staxrip and Avisyinth+ with it. I saw a preview of my video and I personally think that mClean does a great job, but when it starts to encode the 2 pass it crashes. I don't know how to fix it. If there is a better denosing algorithm please tell, but I do prefer mClean right now.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there an error message?
    Check the log file for messages

Are you computer temperatures ok ? overheating ?

Does it encode ok without mclean ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It encodes just fine without the mClean filter and no my computer doesn't get hot. Here's a screenshot of the error message. Just to clarify this was just a test so I could show you guys the error message. My actually video is 30 minutes while this was 2 seconds.Image
    [Attachment 49911 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. I know that it's the mClean filter that is doing it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can you post the actual log file ? There should be more information. It should be a text file somewhere

That error message is for the 2nd pass. That suggests the 1st pass completed - If that's true, then mClean isn't the problem
    Quote Quote  
  6. There you go
    Last edited by SomeoneNeutral; 24th Aug 2019 at 15:31.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It looks like the wrong log . This one uses x265, and it completes the 2nd pass

Code:
    Video encoding second pass using x265 3.1+11-de920e0 Wolfberry
    encoded 101 frames in 31.39s (3.22 fps), 10395.64 kb/s, Avg QP:23.65
    Quote Quote  
  8. https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49915&stc=1&d=1566680390

I did some test with x265.

This one should be with x264
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. No error messages in that log. It shows everything completed
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm sorry i'm really new to all of this. wait a little bit and I'll find one
    Quote Quote  
  11. https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49916&stc=1&d=1566681495

I cut the video to 10 seconds. This video was originally 30 minutes, but it still fails with mClean
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't know .

The 1st pass doesn't complete. I've never seen the "bad sequence header magic" error . There is some issue before x264 gets the data. It doesn't make sense because other encodes complete using the same tool chain

Code:
    avs2pipemod[info]: writing 476 frames of 50/1 fps, 1920x1080,
    sar 0:0, YUV-420-planar-8bit progressive video.
    y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
    x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'
    What versions of avisynth and avs2pipemod are being used? Maybe try updating them

Take "D:\Videos\Klods Hans\VTS_01_1_temp\VTS_01_1.avs" , and open that in vdub2 . Scrub through the timeline and check if there are any error message

Code:
    MPEG2Source("D:\Videos\Klods Hans\VTS_01_1_temp\VTS_01_1.d2v")
    QTGMC(Preset = "Medium")
    mClean()
    nnedi3_rpow2(rfactor=2,cshift="lanczosresize",fwidth=1920,fheight=1080)
    Trim(0, 475)
    Quote Quote  
  13. avs2pipemod 1.1.1

Avisynth+ 2772
    Quote Quote  
  14. It might have something to do with just the x264/x265 encoing
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't remember having seen 'bad sequence header magic' before. For 8 bit input you can disable the piping tool in the x264 options Other tab, x264 supports 8 bit avs input, no need for piping in this case. I just recently made avs2pipemod the default in 2.0.3.0 because x264 don't support 10 bit input, it only supports 8 bit and 16 bit input. Alternatively to no piping tool and avs2pipemod you can also choose ffmpeg as piping tool, like avs2pipemod this supports both 8 bit and 10 bit input.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I've never seen the "bad sequence header magic" error. There is some issue before x264 gets the data.
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    I don't remember having seen 'bad sequence header magic' before.
    Yeah, it's not an x264 issue. It means something before it is failing. AviSynth (the script) or avs2pipemod.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I don't know what the piping toll is and it is not in the other tab or maybe it has a different name.

I just think it's weird that mClean is what is causing it. Tried it without and it works just fine
    Quote Quote  
  18. It works ok with mclean for me, using avs+ r2772 , avs2pipemod64 1.1.1 , same script on a PAL source like yours, just using the commandline to x264 r2935

Maybe issues with that specific x264 binary
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm gonna keep trying to fix it, but if there is a better denoising algorithm, then please tell. Because it doesn't have to me mClean, unless that is one of the best denosing algorithms.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the script in Virtualdub2 to see if it works properly (this was already suggested by poisondeathray above)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Virtualdub2 will open the script via avifile api just like the staxrip preview, the staxrip preview adds converttorgb and convertbits 8
    Quote Quote  
  22. I tried running the script in virtualdub2 and It seemed to work fine.

But bigger news is that the mClean filter seems to work with the "Quality" preset on staxrip. I used 2 pass before

2 pass only works sometimes with the mClean filter. I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it's fine to just use the "Quality" preset as it seems it does as good as 2 pass, but I could be wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  23. 2 pass is as good as crf right?

Because I've heard some people say it is and others say it isn't.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by SomeoneNeutral View Post
    2 pass is as good as crf right?
    If the resulting bitrate of the CRF encode is similar to that of the 2-pass encode, then the quality will also be very similar. Of course, there's no way to know that in advance. But, unless you really need a specific filesize for your result, better might be to make a quality-based encode.

If this mClean doesn't work well in StaxRip, why not try a different denoiser?
    Last edited by manono; 25th Aug 2019 at 19:11.
    Quote Quote