VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

I'm having some issues with VirtualDub and I've ran out of ideas. Let me try to explain what is going on.

Why am i trying to purge VirtualDub?
    I'm trying to purge my VirtualDub in order to get a fresh start. I know that removing it is just a matter of deleting one folder but I'm trying to force it to have a fresh start in order to accomplish something that used to work on my PC and now doesn't want to.

What am I trying to do?
    I'm having issues with capturing AVI from my VHS player through some EasyCap device (it figures as OEM device in device manager and in VD). It used to work before but at some point I stumbled upon some issues. I've tried deleting VirtualDub folder and downloading it again but it doesn't work on my PC. I've tried downloading it on my laptop and everything is fine. I guess maybe there are some hidden configuration files that could be deleted to get really fresh start?

What happened?
    Everything started when I created a capture file that I wasn't pleased with. I forgot to stop the capture and it got unnecessarily big. I deleted it from my drive before stopping the capture in VD. It probably was a bad idea. Then, anytime that I try to capture the signal with VD there seems to be no signal from OEM device. Even in some other application that could see it. If I unplug the OEM device and plug it again the signal is present in that other app. When I open VD and try to capture it, it goes black.

Why don't use that other application then?
    Well, it's capable of saving only uncompressed files and it's terrible. VirtualDub is awesome at this and I would be very glad if I could get it working again without reinstalling the whole system (which is what I'm probably going to do if everything else fails).

Thanks for reading this. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try deleting the Virtualdub key from the registry. First make sure Virtualdub is closed.
    Start Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDub.org

Export the key first (back it up).
    Click this key in the left pane of Regedit, then file/export save as a .reg file. Then you can delete this key,

Virtualdub will recreate it when you restart it, everything back to defaults.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot! This worked.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fanf View Post
    Thanks a lot! This worked.
    You're welcome
    Quote Quote