VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everybody,

I'm trying to do something I don't know if it's possible. I have a Full 4K UHD movie in ISO format. I want to add a DTS HD audio track to it, keeping the Full format, as I don't want to lose either the menus or Dolby Vision. Is it possible? How can I do it?

Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. try to newest ts muxer that has now hevc support.i use it to add audio to uhd image and then i make from it a dual dv (dolby vision)mp4 to play it by usb.its free and only that worked for me.Add main m2ts or pls file from bd folder and in output check blu ray folder or blu ray iso mode.great tool.heres a link from zippy
    just unpack and run tsMuxerGUI.
    file attached to my comment
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    OK. Thanks for help!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know, tsmuxer won't allow you to create a working UHD Blu-ray ISO containing an additional audio stream, with all the original menus, audio, video, and functionality intact.

Unless I'm not understanding his post, roman 1981's post is about creating an mp4 with the new audio added to the main movie or a menuless UHD Blu-ray ISO containing the main movie with the new audio added.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm with you u_q, as far as i know you'd have to get all the assets out of the iso(video, audio, menus, extras, exc.) and then put them into an authoring program along with the new audio. re-do the menu to allow selection of the new audio, then author a new UHD. unfortunately i don't think there is a consumer UHD authoring program available at all.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. ts muxer is only a muxer. for uhd bd with menus you need a authoring software,and i dont know one.i need ts muxer bc it can add (or delete if you want)new audio and it has the abilty to make bd structure and supports hevc so i dont lose dolby vision stream that i need to make my dv mp4 (or you a working bd with no menus).In dvd fab i cant add audio,so i need ts muxer for that.i dont know if bd(with no menus) created in ts muxer( get rid of the menu structure streams)works in a stationary player like oppo or something bc i dont have any.sry for my eng,never had it in school,never learned it etc.cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i'm with you u_q, as far as i know you'd have to get all the assets out of the iso(video, audio, menus, extras, exc.) and then put them into an authoring program along with the new audio. re-do the menu to allow selection of the new audio, then author a new UHD. unfortunately i don't think there is a consumer UHD authoring program available at all.
    It is indeed my understanding that re-authoring would be required to add new audio and that menus and other functionality from the original ISO would need to be re-created.

You are correct that there is no consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software available yet which has been licensed/approved by the Blu-ray Disc Association. There are only a few apps with limited UHD Blu-ray authoring capabilities, none of which has received certification or a technology license from the Blu-ray Disc Association. These are DVDFab UHD Creator, TSM2UHD (derived from tsMuxer), and tsMuxer. DVDFab UHD Creator is the only one of the three that may have any ability to create menus. (When DVDFab UHD Creator was first released, the ability to create menus was supposed to be added in the future, but I don't know if that work has been completed.)
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 31st Jan 2020 at 01:03. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Delinger View Post
    I think the difficult thing is that being in 4K format, https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR does not allow you to modify the menus, until now I do not know if there is a more versatile editor.
    tsMuxer does not allow modifying or creating HD menus for Blu-ray either.

As far as I know, if someone wants menus on their self-authored UHD Blu-ray disc, they still need professional authoring software costing about $2000 (Blu-Disc Studio UHD) or more. There is no consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software yet that allows users to create menus. TSM2UHD, the program from tsMuxer's author for creating UHD-Blu-ray-compatible structures, lacks support for menus. As far as I can find out, DVDFab UHD Creator has not yet added support for menu creation.
    Quote Quote