VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

I have just installed Windows 10 for the first time.

But I don't see anything called Control Panel ( Program and features ) as Win 7.

How can I access to it?

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Type "Control Panel" in the Task Bar's search box to access something that is similar to the old Control Panel. Press the Windows key + I to access a new version, "Windows Settings".
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks usually_quiet. It resulted.

And we must always Search ( Control Panel )? Isn't there a " direct " key as in Windows 7?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My search engine tells me that recent versions of Windows 10 don't have a built-in keyboard shortcut for Control Panel.

As already suggested, you could add a normal shortcut to "control.exe" to the desktop. ...or pin it to the Taskbar.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Now it's Microsoft's panel that controls you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use classic shell to give you a desktop like windows 7 which will give you start button and access to control panel.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Scroll through the program menu down to "Windows System" click on it to display submenu, you'll find control panel there. You can right click on this and select "Pin to start" This will put it in the Tile listing, you can then move this to a convenient spot in the tiles.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Some tasks, like Windows Update, are no longer Control Panel applets. You need to also become familiar with Windows Settings.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote