VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to add filters to MeGUIs internal AVISynth? I tried adding them to the folders within MegGUI but they don't seem to work. I would rather not install a separate copy of AVI Synth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should be able to move them to the \Megui\tools\avisynth_plugin
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Should be able to move them to the \Megui\tools\avisynth_plugin
    Thanks for trying to help. This is what I already tried but it doesn't work.

Any other ideas? I can't find any info about it at all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. maybe first you need this in script (for example):

LoadPlugin("D:\Applications\megui x64\tools\avs\plugins\directshowsource.dll") - (here place your filter .dll file instead)

then you call filter by his name ......

DirectShowSource (.....)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by somespirit View Post
    maybe first you need this in script (for example):

LoadPlugin("D:\Applications\megui x64\tools\avs\plugins\directshowsource.dll") - (here place your filter .dll file instead)

then you call filter by his name ......

DirectShowSource (.....)
    The filters I'm trying to load are not .dll - they are .avsi files. I believe these should run automatically.
    I'm also unsure if I manually load QTGMC, do I need to manually load it's dependencies?
    Quote Quote  
  6. An easy way is to install Avisynth 2.6 or Avisynth+ (MeGUI uses a portable Avisynth+ if you prefer them the same) and put any dlls and avsi scripts you want to load automatically in the installed Avisynth plugins folder. It'll be something like "C:\Program Files\AviSynth\plugins". I also copy the dlls I use regularly from MeGUI's "tools\avisynth_plugin" folder so they'll auto-load too. It doesn't matter if MeGUI still loads them from it's plugins folder as well, but with AVisynth installed you can open scripts with other programs.

When Avisynth runs, it checks the registry for an auto-loading folder and loads the dlls and avsi scripts inside. That also applies to the portable Avisynth used by MeGUI. Avisynth+ has more options than 2.6 for autoloading. I think an MeGUI AVS template with AddAutoloadDir("My Plugins Folder") at the top would also do the trick, but only when there's no auto-loading folder containing plugins in the registry. I don't know why it works that way.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B#Plugin_Autoloader

Or you could manually create the registry entry and point it to any folder, if you're into that sort of thing. From the link above:

The official Avisynth:
    Look for the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Avisynth/PluginDir2_5 in the registry. If it exists, load plugins from the path specified there and stop.
    If the above string didn't exist, look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/AviSynth/PluginDir2_5. Try to load plugins from the path specified there.
    Done.

If you haven't discovered them yet, there's a couple of dlls for QTGMC that are system files, not plugins, so they need to live in the appropriate Windows system folder. Information at the end of the requirements section. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC
    When you're done and 110% positive everything's in the right place and you still have error messages relating to missing functions, check the info for each plugin for any runtime requirements. If you're on Wind10 you mightn't need to worry about it, but it's something to be aware of. For example, AddGrainC needs the C++ 2012 runtime files. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddGrainC
    Last edited by hello_hello; 23rd Aug 2019 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote