VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to create a video to post online for a rescue group's adoptable dogs. I want to include stills to separate different parts of the video. I have the video, an MP4, and saved the first photo (a jpeg) as an MP4 as well. I opened the video, then tried to Append the jpeg/video, which is what the instructions say to do. I keep getting this error message: Attempt to open D: Avidemux videos/jpeg.mp4 failed! // Something failed when appending
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and would love a step by step list of how to drop a jpeg in the middle of a video. Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Faith
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think what you've probably just discovered is that not all MP4s are equal and they don't necessarily play nicely with one another. Welcome to the world of video editing! It's a constant headache.

For what it's worth, the tool I think may provide the easiest route to achieve what you describe (ignoring the NLE options) would probably be TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer. Drop the video in and trim; drop the photo in and set duration; drop the video in again and pick up where you left off; etc. etc. It's paid software, but it comes with an unrestricted 30-day free trial. Others may have better recommendations.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Mr Chris! I discovered an online program that turns photos into 5 sec videos, but it sounds like your suggestion is an all-in-one solution!
    Quote Quote