VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anybody recommend a software package that can be used to create a photo slideshow that I can burn to a DVD to play on a DVD player connected to a TV where you press the remote control [Next] button to manually advance the photos one at a time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This is a hard one.

For the title to work the way you'd like it to, you would either have to:
    1. go the ridiculous route where you encode each picture as a minimovie and author so each movie stops at their end and waits for prev/next chap commands (and this has limitations with # of titles/chapters
    2. Encode the picture series of mpeg stills (single frame each, i-frame only), usually strung together in a single title,but authored with an app that recognizes mpeg still structure. This is usually limited to the pro apps: Scenarist, DVDMaestro, Encore, DVD Architect pro, and Mac dvd studio pro. There may be a few others, but I'm not aware of any, especially not freeware types. Would love to be proven wrong, but the field hasn't changed much, it being a passe format. You'll also need an encoder that can create mpeg stills for mpeg2. Tmpgenc could.

Hope that helps,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your response but I would not know what to do based on your suggestions.

I have purchased a number of movie DVD's that have still photo gallery in the bonus section where you advance the photos manually. I have checked out a dozen slideshow software packages and none of them offer a manual advance feature. I would have thought this would be a standard option. I hope somebody knows of at least one software package that can do that.
    Quote Quote