VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just downloaded VirtualDub2 onto my new laptop. Now would like to find a zip file, if there's one out there, containing all the latest external encoders that can be used with it. I'd rather just download a package if I can that contains them all, because I'm fed up Googling each one individually and not being able to find them all together on the one site.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Just downloaded VirtualDub2 onto my new laptop. Now would like to find a zip file, if there's one out there, containing all the latest external encoders that can be used with it. I'd rather just download a package if I can that contains them all, because I'm fed up Googling each one individually and not being able to find them all together on the one site.
    There's a bunch built-in, Video/Compression

What encoders are you talking about ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Just downloaded VirtualDub2 onto my new laptop. Now would like to find a zip file, if there's one out there, containing all the latest external encoders that can be used with it. I'd rather just download a package if I can that contains them all, because I'm fed up Googling each one individually and not being able to find them all together on the one site.
    There's a bunch built-in, Video/Compression

What encoders are you talking about ?
    Thanks a lot for letting me know! I had no idea all those things like ffmpeg and x265 and all that were already built in. I thought ya had to download them all and then link to them externally.
    Quote Quote  
  4. But wait. Which video encoder should I use so I can create an mp4 that can play in a browser? All the ones I've tried so far, the audio has played fine but with no video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tried VP9, and that worked, but how does its quality compare with x264? Is it better, as good, not as good?
    Quote Quote