VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi people. Marcelo here from Argentina.

One of my backup Panasonic AG4700 decks has develop'd some issues of jittering (horizontal shaking) and a some weird audio issue too. (Deck PANA2)

Other has some noisy picture. (Deck PANA1)

The third one is for reference, it's my main capture deck. (Deck PANA3)

I attached some captures with these decks.

Deck settings: Built in TBC is OFF and AI is OFF

I haven't done a proper set up of PANA1 and PANA2 yet, but I'd like your input on what to check before going into the board and star messing with the pots and stuff.

Also will be measuring all the trimpots and variable resistors values of PANA3 for future reference.

Any help, comment or wild guess is welcome!

Ofesad
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hola Marcelo, saludos.

Marcelo, for an issue with hardware like this, you will definitely be well off going to this website: http://www.digitalfaq.com/

Ask for LordSmurf. He is very nice, a total professional, and knows all there is to know about those issues, as he does this for a living. He gives GREAT advice on hardware stuff. Send him a message!

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. Resist the temptation to start changing pots or anything else unless you have a service manual.

2. Jitter on Panasonic units can sometimes be cured by turning the TBC off (which you say you have done) or, turning it on. Try it both ways and see if it makes a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    1. Resist the temptation to start changing pots or anything else unless you have a service manual.

2. Jitter on Panasonic units can sometimes be cured by turning the TBC off (which you say you have done) or, turning it on. Try it both ways and see if it makes a difference.

1. Thanks. I have the service manuals. It's not my first time getting inside these decks.

2. Doesn't make a noticiable difference. Even if it did, I made 3 captures of the same tape using 3 Panasonic AG4700s with the same settings each.
    Like I said in the main post: Deck 1 has noise, Deck 2 has jitter + weird sound, Deck 3 doesn't have any of these sympthoms.
    So, how can I set Decks 1 and 2 to play as Deck 3?
    Quote Quote  
  5. For your audio problem (deck 2) i'm assuming you want the hifi track. Take a blank s-vhs tape and press record (no need to record a real video) grab 30sec-1min then stop the recording. Now play your vhs tape, hopefully it's been fixed
    Quote Quote