VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. By hard time i mean frame skips audio out of sync, i have tried many players VLC media player, media player classic.

The content i have came from 4K movies that i bought and ripped with makemkv so the data rate is high.

My PC is old and has no dedicated video card it is using Intel i7 6700k built in Graphics. I'm guessing this is the issue?

I plan to build a new PC soon with a RTX 2070 Super and a Ryzen 3900X after the price gouging stops.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try: MPC-HC 64 bit. Set LAV Video decoding to software (start playing a file in MPC-HC, click "Play"->"Filters"->"LAV Video" and set Hardware decoding to "None"). Set renderer to "Enhanced Video Renderer" in MPC-HC's "Output" options. Restart player and try again.

Possible bottlenecks:
    - Skylake doesn't have proper 10 bit HEVC hardware decoding. (That's why we want to test software decoding, with 64 bit)
    - iGPU is too slow for the scaling. (That's why we want to test a fast renderer, i.e. "Enhanced Video Renderer")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    My PC is old and has no dedicated video card it is using Intel i7 6700k built in Graphics. I'm guessing this is the issue?
    Your Intel Skylake processor's iGPU does have some limitations with respect to UHD video. However, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Technology, it should still be able to decode AVC/H.264 video up to 2160/60p, 8-bit HEVC/H.265 Level 5.2 Main up to 2160/60p and VP9 4k/24p@15Mbit/s (WebM video).
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    By hard time i mean frame skips audio out of sync, i have tried many players VLC media player, media player classic.

The content i have came from 4K movies that i bought and ripped with makemkv so the data rate is high.

I plan to build a new PC soon with a RTX 2070 Super and a Ryzen 3900X after the price gouging stops.
    check your built in graphics card and see if it has the latest driver update.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Newbie Enthusiast PixelHunter's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most current laptops/PCs graphics cards are not 4k capable. Updating drivers can help, but we will have to wait for the next generation graphics card to be routinely installed in new machines to really get the benefits of the upscaling.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Give a try to MPlayer — but the 64-bit command-line .EXE only, no fancy GUIs.
    Configure it to use all cores, its default behavior is monothreaded.
    If even MPlayer fails then a faster machine is the way to go.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 4th Aug 2019 at 17:49. Reason: add details
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote