VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there an application out there that allows one to position graphic subtitles anywhere within the viewing area of a video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. All the subs together? Yes, within the IDX file extracted from a DVD. Individual subs? None that I know of, not without an OCR and positioning the ones you want and then converting back to graphical for DVD or whatever.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I was thinking individual subs. I have some foreign TV series that do it. When there is displayed information ( Producer/Director/Makeup, CIA Headquarters etc...) in the movie and people are talking the subtitle either a little above the displayed information or top/bottom of screen depending.

I believe the sub-pictures specification allows for positional subtitles but I canít prove it because Iím too stupid to understand it. Check out http://dvd.sourceforge.net/dvdinfo/spu.html and look at SET_DAREA and/or SET_DSPXA.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    BDSup2Sub will change the positions of the idx/sub,you can do it for the whole sub or individual lines.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote