VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 34 of 34
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Fraugster View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I did work out a way to remove a little of the light residual temporal blending. By subtracting a little bit of the previous frame you can reduce the blending.

    Code:
    Mpeg2Source("Sample.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    yadifmod2(mode=1, edeint=nnedi3(field=-2))
    Overlay(last, Loop(2,0,0).ColorYUV(gain_y=-220, cont_u=-220, cont_v=-220), mode="subtract").ColorYUV(gain_y=40, cont_u=40, cont_v=40)
    SRestore(23.976)
    Because of the severe blending in the original video QTGMC ends up making it worse (as you noticed before). Though Yadif is generally a poorer deinterlacer in this particular case it avoids exacerbating the blending.
    Ooh okay. I've been having success with QTMGC in the very fast setting as it uses yadif with the benefits of QTGMC. I'll try the overlay and see how that improves the image.
    You may have to adjust the ColorYUV settings for the blend removal if you change the prior filters.
    I tired the script with yadifmod and QTGMC and didn't notice much of a difference at all. Do you have some screenshot comparisons perhaps?
    Edit: Nevermind I'm a dumb idiot and I see huge improvement. How can I get this to work with QTGMC's "Ultra fast" preset
    Last edited by Fraugster; 6th Aug 2019 at 10:19. Reason: I'm a dumb idiot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    during the intro where EVA unit 2 is shown holding its knife out on yadif I see individual frames and it looks great! Im comparing side by side with qtgmc and the quality is the same but the blending is worse with QTGMC even with the ultra fast preset. So I'm gonna keep your yadif script and start encoding! I'm satisfied with the outcome! I don't think we can really do to much more to it wouldn't you say?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    United States
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Fraugster View Post
    during the intro where EVA unit 2 is shown holding its knife out on yadif I see individual frames and it looks great! Im comparing side by side with qtgmc and the quality is the same but the blending is worse with QTGMC even with the ultra fast preset. So I'm gonna keep your yadif script and start encoding! I'm satisfied with the outcome! I don't think we can really do to much more to it wouldn't you say?
    It's because QTGMC is adding temporal smoothing / interpolation to the video. The slower the preset you use the more it tries to do. In any case, the tr0, tr1, tr2 parameters are the ones primarily responsible for this.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads