VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I manage a cool bar in SF. We have two projectors that are always playing a variety of content... That content either comes from our DirecTVbox, a Roku, a flashdrive movie player, or an external source... For the last year I've had a 4 input, 2 output HDMI splitter/switcher which has made my life so much easier since we switch content often... When I searched for the device to handle this I found there were not a lot of options at all, and I went with the one that seemed to have the best reviews... it was about $50, made by FosPower... It worked fairly well.. We would often have to power cycle it, and it would often have serious lag when switching sources... but overall it seemed to work ok.. Anyway, in less than a year it has completely taken a shit. So I am looking to replace it, but run into the same problem... I cannot find a reasonably priced reliable solution to the 4 HDMI input / 2 HDMI output switcher/splitter besides the one we already had and broke... There are a few online but they seem to be very cheap and have little to no reviews so I do not trust them... Do you all have any decent solution for me?

To be clear, this is what i need: I need to have 4 input sources, all HDMI... and 2 output sources also HDMI, and be able to switch/split them easily... so input 1 goes to output 2 and input 3 goes to output 1, etc... preferably with little lag, but most importantly reliability...

Thanks for any and all suggestions and comments!

dp
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    4+ star 4x2 switches on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=4x2+hdmi+switch
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok thanks... have you actually used this? Or just posting a search result? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had this one: https://www.amazon.com/Orei-HD-402-Resolutions-Switcher-Splitter/dp/B00FBCGHP4/ref=sr_...ateway&sr=8-15

Generally worked well, but sometimes the cables had to be jiggled when there were some artifacts in the picture. I found out later that he pin connectors were loose and the last time unplugged the HDMI cable, it ripped the pins outs and I tossed it. Didn't need it anyway because I now use a laptop for everything I need. I also had to power cycle it like you sometimes as it got hot after several hours even if not in active use.
    s
    The pro models should be more reliable as I suspect heat is a factor for failure because of the small size. But since most are <$50, I'd just by several different brands and swap out as needed.

Edit: To clarify, I wouldn't recommend or not recommend the one I had it just may have been a bad unit. Besides, it's probably a rebadge of one of the others anyway.
    Last edited by lingyi; 1st Aug 2019 at 22:35.
    Quote Quote