VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Blue Ray Player can Play DVDs and Blue Rays and MP3s and MPEG Photos and MPEG4 Files.

I converted a Video File of a Movie I have on my PCs Hard Drive to
    Panasonic TV H264 .mp4 Format.

I then put it on my USB Flash Dribe and Plug it into my Blue Ray Player.

It Showed me the File as a Thumbnail and I try to Play it and it says Can Not Play The File.

Now I have a lot of other Formats I can try under .mp4 and they are
    Sony TV H264 .mp4
    LG TV H264 .mp4
    Samsung TV H264 .mp4

Will any of these be more Friendly?

I am using Any Video Converter and it has a lot of Video Files for Phones and Windows and TVs.
    What Video Format is more Friendly to Play on other Devices?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The first thing to do is to check the Blu-ray player's manual to find out exactly what file formats and audio-video combinations it supports. What Blu-ray player do you have?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a SamSung BlueRay Player.

The very First Video Formaat in my List for Video Format Files is
    SamSung TV H264 .mp4 so I am trying this.

But the way should I Format my USB Flash Drive as FAT32?

The internet says as long as every File is not over 4. GB in Size you should use FAT32.

But I thought NTFS will use all of my 64 GB on my USB Flas Drive?

But let me take a Stab at this NTSF is realy for Windows OS and not things like Blu Ray Players or SmartPhones?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by biferi View Post
    I have a SamSung BlueRay Player.

The very First Video Formaat in my List for Video Format Files is
    SamSung TV H264 .mp4 so I am trying this.

But the way should I Format my USB Flash Drive as FAT32?

The internet says as long as every File is not over 4. GB in Size you should use FAT32.

But I thought NTFS will use all of my 64 GB on my USB Flas Drive?

But let me take a Stab at this NTSF is realy for Windows OS and not things like Blu Ray Players or SmartPhones?
    NTFS works fine for the most part. I use a 2012 Samsung TV, a 2011 LG TV and a 2012 LG Blu-ray player which accept NTFS-format USB drives. Some Blu-ray players and TVs from Japanese or Korean manufacturers which are older than that may require FAT32. Some cheap Chinese-made TV brands may also require FAT32 formatted drives.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have a 2011 Samsung TV and what I have found is that "H264 .mp4" does not tell the whole story of what it will play. You need to also look carefully at the manual for your set and look specifically for the following:

Resolution: many sets will only play 1920x1080, and nothing that is higher resolution.

Frame rate: many sets will not play 60p, and may have limitations for other frame rates as well.

Level: I may not be using the right term (it varies) but there is a "complexity" setting that determines how much CPU power is required to decode the video. If you encode with too high a setting, the CPU in your TV set may not be able to keep up.

Bitrate: Most devices have an upper limit for how many bits per second they can decode. This number usually includes both the video and the audio.

You are probably exceeding the spec for at least one of these items, and if you adhere to what is listed in the manual you can probably create video that your set will play.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 1st Aug 2019 at 13:08. Reason: minor formatting issue
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ But the OP is NOT plugging the usb into the tv. He is connecting his BD Player to the tv with the usb in the player.

Using one of those tv presets would probably work if the usb went straight in to the tv since that, theoretically, is what they are designed for.

But these 'one-click' converters tend to hide most of their settings. I took a quick look at that program and it's main purpose is presets for all sorts of devices.

So if you really must use it scroll down to 'Video' at the bottom but do, as has already been suggested, read the player manual to ensure that it can handle it. And DO NOT just click 'blindly'
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's biferi's time to waste, so I am content to let him click blindly at this point if he would rather do that than provide the make and model of his player.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ But the OP is NOT plugging the usb into the tv. He is connecting his BD Player to the tv with the usb in the player.
    Good point, but my comments are all still valid and still apply.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try going to the Samsung web site and select your specific player model to see what it can play:
    What type of Audio & Video files can my Blu-ray player play?
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post a mediainfo text of the effected video file,if the High@L4.1 (max for 1920x1080 profiles)is too high such as 5 then your player will not accept it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok I was Converting my .VOB Files to SamSung TV H264 .mp4 and it did I think Half of them and it looks good.

But I thought I would Check the Size of some of them togather.

It came out to 57 GB in Size and my SD Card is 64 GB in Size.

So I Clicked Stop.

Now when I did this before with Format Factory it would just say H264 .mp4 and I used the same Settings I always do.
    720x480 24 Frames 500 kbps and Stereo 44100 128 Bit.

And everything would Fit on my SD Card.

What do I have to Pick with Any Video Converter?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you actually bothered to read ANY of the replies ? Seems everyone is wasting their time with you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok I found a Video Format that did make very Small Files.

SanDisk Sansa .MPEG4 it made I think it took all 100 Video Files and after it was over I Check the Size of the Folder.

And it says 20 GB in Size.

Now the Frame Ratio I put on Auto and the BitRate I left on 512 kbps.

The Largest Frame Size is 640x480.
    I was looking for 720x480 and yes I know 640x480 is Older.

So Far this is the only Format that lets me have a 512 kbps Bit Rate.
    And I think this is why all my Video Files togather came out to 20 GB.

Does anybody know of another Video Format in the .MP4 System that will let me Ajust the Bit Rate and Pick 720x480 Frame Size?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sure. ffmpeg.

Here's a command line to get you started.

-i "yourinputfile" -c:v libx264 -b:v 512k -acodec aac -b:a 64k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -filter:v scale=720:480 "youroutputfile.mp4"
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thank you all for the help.

I just Encoded a lot of .VOB Movies I have as Sandisk Sansa .M and then put them onto my 64 GB SD Card.

And I put the SD Card into my USB Flash Drive and put it into my SamSung BluRay Players USB Port.

I then open the SD Card on screen and picked a Video on the Card and it plays good.

Now because I am playing a Video that is Widescreen it is LatterBox with Black Bars on Tom and Bottom.
    I do get this and everything looks good.

But it did put a very Little Black Bar on the Left and Right Side.
    I just wanted to know why it put any Black Bars on the Left and Right?

Other then this all is ok thanks for all the help.
    Quote Quote