VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread
  1. Hello,

    This is not my first post in this forum, but I haven't been here in a few years. Welcome back, me, with a new account. (My old computer, and it's passwords, has died. People, back your stuff up.)

    This particular problem happens in Filmora, which I paid for, but not in the popular OBS studio, which is free. I'm not getting any helpful help from Wondershare (the Filmora people), they don't seem to have a forum, and I can't find anything about this on the internet. I don't know, maybe I need to search a few more hours, but this route seems better.

    I'm using Windows 10 on a brand new fast, 64 bit computer. (It takes about 10 seconds to boot. It's my first build. It has pretty flashing lights. Sorry, too much info.) I record a 1 hour video using MiraBox capture card HSV323. I start watching the video and everything appears perfect. After about 10 minutes I start to notice the audio is not lining up. By the end, it's about 2 seconds behind. At first I tried just detaching and moving the audio a little, but as your probably already thinking, that was stupid. Sure it lined up at the end, but of course it was off at the beginning. So Filmora has a way to change the duration of the audio, but that doesn't seem to work. It tells me my audio duration is over 4 hours. So you can also change audio speed. Instead of x1 speed, you can make it x1.001 or x0.999, but that is not enough decimal points. It stretches a little too far.

    Your saying, "Just use OBS". I do, but not for certain circumstances. Sometimes I prefer to capture with Filmora for various reasons, and not just because I bought it.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    There are no Wondershare products listed in VideoHelp's software pages due to that company's constant spamming at this site. I've also noticed that when I do an Internet search for help with other software I am frequently directed to a webpage promoting a Wondershare product instead of one that offers actual help to solve my problem.

    Hardly anyone here uses Wondershare products due to their dishonest tactics and lackluster products. You have likely come to the wrong place for help.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Jul 2019 at 15:57. Reason: grammar
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  3. I doubt that this matters but just in case, I'm using a graphics card and not the motherboard. My CPU does not incorporate a GPU.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    There are no Wondershare products listed in VideoHelp's software pages due to this company's constant spamming at this site. I've also noticed that when I do an Internet search for help with other software I am frequently directed to a webpage promoting a Wondershare product instead of one that offers actual help to solve my problem.

    Hardly anyone here uses Wondershare products due to their dishonest tactics and lackluster products. You have come to the wrong place for help.
    Yes, they market aggressively. So does Google and I bet you avail yourself to their services. You can't even sign up on youtube or many other places without asking permission from Google first. I can't start my car without it telling me that I first need a Google account. I was just talking to my son about Filmora, and then I got on youtube and all the ads were for Filmora. How can they read my mind? However, for the price I really like Filmora. It does everything I need it to and it does it well. Everything except capturing audio from my particular card. I've not yet been lied to by Wondershare that I know of.

    And really? This is the wrong place for help regarding video editing? I thought this place was called VideoHelp. Maybe it should be called VideoHelp-unless-we're-angry-at-the-popular-product-you-chose-to-use.com".

    Thanks so much. Anyone else have some good ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just searched Wondershare in this form and I got 10 pages of results.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Movavi: 10 pages
    Adobe Premiere: 10 pages
    Final Cut: 10 pages

    Okay I get it now. It's going to be 10 pages.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kevin Hall View Post
    Yes, they market aggressively.
    They SPAM. The owner got sick of the constant stream of spammers pretending to be members and posting in order to promote Wondershare products. Companies that want to advertise here have to clear it with the site's owner.

    Originally Posted by Kevin Hall View Post
    You can't even sign up on youtube or many other places without asking permission from Google first.
    Alphabet is the parent company for both YouTube and Google, plus a lot of other websites/companies. They unified log in for everthing. I suggest DuckDuckGo if Google annoys you. It's my main search engine now.

    Originally Posted by Kevin Hall View Post
    And really? This is the wrong place for help regarding video editing? I thought this place was called VideoHelp. Maybe it should be called VideoHelp-unless-we're-angry-at-the-popular-product-you-chose-to-use.com".
    VideoHelp's software section contains links to various free and paid software based on member recommendations. Between Filmora being considered considered crapware by many members here and the site's owner's dislike for spammers, Wondershare has no products listed there, including Filmora. You are more likely to get recommendations for other capture products than help with Filmora.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Jul 2019 at 21:07. Reason: typo
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  8. You say spam, I say market. Same same. If your not going to use a product because they spam, than you're not going to use most products, including Google. I don't use Google for a search engine or anything else that I can avoid. I want to use youtube and other things, so I am forced to use Google. I want a McChicken sandwich, so I'm forced to endure McDonalds spamming me about fries. This is how life works now. Welcome to real life.

    I suggest startpage.com

    I don't understand how Filmora is crapware, when it works better than several "professional" ones I've tried. Anyway, each to his own, and stuff like that. I realize that Filmora is not the best. It's also not the most expensive. You get what you pay for. It usually works great. I love a lot of things about it when compared to others I've tried. I know I'm not going to "sway" you, and I don't really care. I just don't like the insinuation that I'm some kind of idiot. I also don't like people refusing to help me about video editing issues in a video editing forum.
    Quote Quote  
  9. "You are more likely to get recommendations for other capture products"

    Like I said, it's not the card, so thanks for that Captain No Help. The problem doesn't happen in OBS.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kevin Hall View Post
    "You are more likely to get recommendations for other capture products"

    Like I said, it's not the card, so thanks for that Captain No Help. The problem doesn't happen in OBS.
    I never mentioned your capture device, only Filmora which has a poor reputation and not many happy users here other than you, apparently.

    However, now that you brought up your card, many if not most capture devices only work with specific software recommended by the manufacturer. OBS works well with a lot of different capture devices only because the developers have chosen to add support for so many different models.

    I don't recall any members here who use your capture device let alone use it with Filmora, so I predict a very long wait for kind of help you want to appear here. Look for another site where there are at least some posts mentioning your card.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    You should have started to realized that fixing audio sync problems in post is often not straightforward but, if not, there are probably a hundred different threads on that subject that you could read through that might convince you of that.

    Ultimately, you don't have an editing problem. A/V sync issues like the ones you describe are capture problems. If captures with Filmora have A/V sync issues but OBS doesn't using similar settings with both, maybe Filmora is a poor choice for audio-video capture with your device or your system (even with a fast CPU).

    However, if you enjoy banging your head up against the wall for no good reason, please feel free to keep using Filmora.

    [Edit]Without knowing exactly what the super-secret reason is that forces you to use Filmora for capture, it's hard to suggest better software with the right features. AmaRecTV might be worth a try for capture with a device that uses software to encode video and audio. It isn't an editor but it is free decent capture software. (You don't need the paid codec suggested.) AmaRecTV has a low incidence of sync issues for most people, assuming it is set up correctly. Captures can be edited with other software.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Aug 2019 at 11:31.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads