VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The dvd +RW ejects when done copying a 2 minute movie, if I reinsert it to copy more, it wont allow me until I erase the previous content. The same with a -R disc, the 2 minutes takes up half the disc.
    Any ideas? This is done on a RW drive on the pc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to add more movies after burning the first one you need to use multi session in your burning application.
    Erase the disc and start a mulit session disc, burn the first movie. This way you can add another movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you want to treat a RW discs like a removable flash drive you need to use the Live File System. Format the drive from Explorer. You can then drag/drop files onto it just like a flash drive. Such discs won't play in a set-top DVD player though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The "RW" tag means that you can erase it at all, completely though (in contrast to an "R" which you can only burn but not erase). But in general, DVD media are usually burned in a "Session At Once" mode. There are video cameras which burn onto 8 cm discs in an intermediate UDF file system; you have to finalize them before reading them on a PC (this adds a final generation of the UDF file system, as well as an ISO 9660 file system).

DVD Video specifications require a minimum filling of 1/3 capacity.
    Quote Quote