VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wanted to do a fandub of lord of the rings and want it too be as good as it can be, so im trying to get the audio from the blu ray that are in 6 channels. I ripped it to mkv and removed the other languages and commentary tracks via handbrake and then extracted the audio to an mp3 file and there is only 2 tracks! Left and right and its not helfful for the difference between the two seems to only be that one has base. This is weird since the mkv file i ripped has no talking when i opened it, exept for background voices sometimes and faint voices sometimes, but keeping all music and sound effects. Probably because my earphones doesn't support 6 channel playback so some get lost. But still how do i translate that to audacity?
    Last edited by jooj; 17th Jul 2019 at 15:14. Reason: Added clarification
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    With few rare exceptions, mp3 doesn't support more than 2 tracks. Exporting to that format is where you went wrong (assuming source was mutichannel).

Try ac3/dd.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you will try. Must find a program that converts to that format as well.
    Last edited by jooj; 17th Jul 2019 at 15:34. Reason: missed one
    Quote Quote  
  4. Converted to ac3 but it says that audacity does not support that kind of file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Do you know f a program that is 100% free that converts to ac3/dd?
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    Do you know f a program that is 100% free that converts to ac3/dd?
    ffmpeg, eac3to, or aften itself.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I used to use BeSweet and BeSweetGUI for the rare times I needed 5/6 wave files from multi channel audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    Converted to ac3 but it says that audacity does not support that kind of file.
    Add the ffmpeg import/export plugin:
    https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_and_updating_audacity_on_windows.html#winff
    Quote Quote  
  9. ffmpeg, eac3to, aften itself, BeSweet and BeSweetGUI didn't work for me. Some dont open and some dont even convert video. And one only do the first 30 minutes. Does anyone know a free program that i can open and that does not have a time limit?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    Does anyone know a free program that i can open and that does not have a time limit?
    Audacity + ffmpeg import/export plugin. You'll be able to import the audio from almost any A/V file.
    Quote Quote  
  11. [QUOTE=jagabo;2555395]
    You'll be able to import the audio from almost any A/V file.
    What is an A/V file?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Or use ffmpeg to convert audio to PCM then use any audio editor to edit file...

Code:
    @set filename=%1
    @set aproc="anull"
    @ffmpeg -y -i %filename% -vn -sn -dn -af %aproc% -c:a pcm_f32le -f wav "%~n1_pcm.wav"
    Last edited by pandy; 18th Jul 2019 at 12:42.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    What is an A/V file?
    Audio/Video
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Or use ffmpeg to convert audio to PCM then use any audio editor to edit file...[/CODE]
    ffmpeg doesn't work. It flashes before me and disappears.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_and_updating_audacity_on_windows.html#winff
    I converted the movie to ac3 and tried putting it in but it says that i need to convert it to wav or something else.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I converted the movie to ac3 and tried putting it in but it says that i need to convert it to wav or something else.
    Then you didn't install the ffmpeg plugin properly.
    Quote Quote  
  17. [/QUOTE]Then you didn't install the ffmpeg plugin properly.[/QUOTE]

Then how do I do it properly, because I go to the download page and it doesn't download the right file so I found the right dll file on another site and put it in plugins and added it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    Then how do I do it properly, because I go to the download page and it doesn't download the right file so I found the right dll file on another site and put it in plugins and added it.
    Make sure the path to ffmpeg is set to the right location:

Edit -> Preferences -> Libraries -> FFmpeg Library -> Locate...

It should point to the location of avformat-55.dll (and all the other files from the ffmpeg install).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Make sure the path to ffmpeg is set to the right location:

Edit -> Preferences -> Libraries -> FFmpeg Library -> Locate...

It should point to the location of avformat-55.dll.
    Don't worry, i got it working on my own.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by jooj View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Or use ffmpeg to convert audio to PCM then use any audio editor to edit file...[/CODE]
    ffmpeg doesn't work. It flashes before me and disappears.
    ffmpeg.exe should be in same folder as script or add PATH to ffmpeg.exe for example you can add bellow to your batch:
    Code:
    @set FF=C:\ffmpeg
    @set PATH=%FF%;%PATH%
    Assumption is that your ffmpeg.exe is in folder ffmpeg located on volume C: (you must modify this accordingly to your real ffmpeg location).
    Quote Quote  
  21. [/QUOTE]ffmpeg.exe should be in same folder as script or add PATH to ffmpeg.exe for example you can add bellow to your batch:
    Code:
    @set FF=C:\ffmpeg
    @set PATH=%FF%;%PATH%
    Assumption is that your ffmpeg.exe is in folder ffmpeg located on volume C: (you must modify this accordingly to your real ffmpeg location).[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you are trying to say. How do i find the script to put in the same folder as ffmpeg, what is there to modify and what about it does not make it the real location? What is a batch and how do i add things to it? I need it open so i can convert the video to audio.
    Last edited by jooj; 19th Jul 2019 at 09:07.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Is there an interface option?
    Quote Quote