VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a Sony Trinitron PVM monitor that I mainly use to preview PAL content from both VHS and DVD for various reasons. I currently use a Coby DVD-224 multi system DVD player which is great, although I am limited by the inputs on my PVM which doesn't support Y/C or component. I've decided that I'm sick of previewing DVDs through composite and want to take advantage of the PVM's RGB inputs through the use of a SCART to RGB BNC adapter cable like this:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/male%20scart%20to%20BNC%20with...-1000x1000.JPG

Before I spend the money buying that cable and importing a DVD player with SCART, I wanted to confirm something. Obviously, I'm not going to get an RGB signal out of my VCR even with SCART. However, upon perusing Wikipedia, I learned that some DVD players do not output RGB through SCART. I was wondering if anyone would know how common it is for European DVD players (most likely British) to output RGB vs just composite or Y/C through SCART.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well my ancient player/recorder can output RGB over scart and it is my understanding that the majority of reasonably modern players can.

But to be sure you merely have to read the downloaded user manual before you commit to buy.

And scart is a European system so I would guess that this applies to other countries as well.
    Quote Quote