VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a tool that can bulk split mp4 videos? I see a lot of videos splitters but none of them do bulk splits
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is a "bulk split?" You can definitely do a simply split on every file in a folder, or every file in a list of files, using ffmpeg and a batch file. However, it is not clear how you want to split all these files. Most video files have dozens of scenes, and most people usually want to split on scene boundaries. To determine which scene will be split, they use their NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    What is a "bulk split?" You can definitely do a simply split on every file in a folder, or every file in a list of files, using ffmpeg and a batch file. However, it is not clear how you want to split all these files. Most video files have dozens of scenes, and most people usually want to split on scene boundaries. To determine which scene will be split, they use their NLE.
    I want to split every file in a folder by duration of 60mins. How can I do it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Shaorin View Post
    I want to split every file in a folder by duration of 60mins. How can I do it?
    From a quick search:

Cut first 51 seconds from different avi-files as batch-process?

Batch trim using FFMPEG

Need help batch splitting many mp4 files

If you want a more GUI-friendly version:

FFmpeg Batch Converter

There are many more like this. Just do a Google search, restricted to a given web site, like this one:

ffmpeg batch cut OR split site:forum.videohelp.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Shaorin View Post
    Is there a tool that can bulk split mp4 videos? I see a lot of videos splitters but none of them do bulk splits
    I could use that too

Should be simple app..
    I'd like to break all my long videos into 3 minute or shorter segments...
    Most of my video is way shorter than that.. Golf swing video are seldom longer than 15 seconds..

Shorter is better...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by SpectateSwamp View Post
    Originally Posted by Shaorin View Post
    I could use that too

Should be simple app..
    I'd like to break all my long videos into 3 minute or shorter segments...
    Most of my video is way shorter than that.. Golf swing video are seldom longer than 15 seconds..

Shorter is better...
    If you want to split on scene boundaries, which most people would want to do, what I posted will not be of any use. Quite frankly, I don't think it will be of any use to the OP either because I can't imagine simply lopping off "x" frames or seconds from the beginning or end of a video will have any real usefulness.

If you want to split on scene boundaries, there are dozens of products and also AVISynth scripts that can do this. They are not 100% foolproof, however, because scene detection logic can be fooled by objects entering the frame in the foreground, to give one example.
    Quote Quote